The ISCP is delighted to endorse the leaflet developed by its members in the HSE Community Physiotherapy Service in Cork that provides evidence based, safe exercises for strengthening and balance for older adults to encourage exercise during this period of cocooning.
In partnership with Cork Learning City, Cork Healthy Cities, Cork Sports Partnership and Cork Age Friendly City Programme this resource will be distributed with Meals on Wheels and is free to download. Download this brochure at: HSE Community Physio leaflet
Inside this brochure you will find:
• 8 exercises that are safe for you to do and they work.
• An exercise diary/calendar which you are asked to tick twice a day after doing your exercises
If you would rather follow along with a video, join Chartered Physiotherapist Michelle McNamara as she leads us through these exercises
Strengthening and Balance Exercises have many benefits:
• Improves your mobility
• Helps you to stay flexible
• Improves your brain health
• Enhances your memory
• Lifts your mood
• Maintains and improves your balance
If you have any questions about this programme you can contact the HSE Community Physiotherapy Service in Cork on 021 492 3415