Physical activity is good for the body but it can also help improve mental health and wellbeing. Get active, stay active is the key message from physiotherapists for this year’s World Physiotherapy Day on 8 September 2018.
Did you know?
• 1 in 4 people will experience a mental health issue of some sort during their lifetime
• 1 in 6 people are likely to have had mental health issues in the past seven days
• People with mental health issues are more at risk of having poor physical health
• 70% of premature deaths in people with mental health issues are due to poor physical health
• Mental health issues are one of the main causes of the overall disease burden worldwide.
Exercise is an evidence-based treatment for people with mental health issues, and physiotherapists work with people who may have mental health issues alongside other long-term health issues.
We encourage all departments, practices and members to develop a schedule of events and activities for this year’s WPD to be run at your site. As World Physiotherapy Day is taking place on a Saturday, we are encouraging members to host their events on Friday the 7th
Have you ordered your ISCP branded materials?
Printed ISCP leaflets and posters are available for use at your site on the day. To order please follow the link and fill in the form by clicking here
The final date for ordering these items is tomorrow Friday the 31st of August
Print Materials from the WCPT are also available to download from their website https://www.wcpt.org/wptday
The ISCP have developed a campaign tagline and hashtag ‘#move4mentalhealth’ to promote the event and encourage patient and public participation on social media. Share how you get active and encourage others to get active too!
Please contact us with any questions you may have at this stage, and confirmation of your involvement. The Society greatly appreciates your effort to promote this key event
Please send any enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org