Alison Grimaldi- Diagnosis and management of lateral hip and buttock pain
Please note that the ISCP have a cancellation policy for CPD events, as follows: Greater than 3 weeks -Full refund; Less than 3 weeks -50% refund unless place filled; Less than 2 weeks - No refund unless place filled; Less than 48 hours - No refund
|Presenter Details||Presenter’s Names: Alison Grimaldi
Presenter’s Profile: Alison Is Principal Physiotherapist At Physiotec, An Adjunct Research Fellow At The University Of Queensland, And International Speaker, Presenter And Workshop Facilitator. With Over 25 Years Of Clinical Experience, Alison Is Committed To Supporting Physiotherapists And Allied Health Professionals By Providing Access To Cutting-edge Research, New Products, And Professional Development Opportunities.
|How to Book||Book Online|
|Contact Person||Antoinette Curley|
|Date||10 May 2021 19:00 - 14 Jun 2021 22:00|
|ISCP and Group Members||€130.00|
|Non ISCP Members||€180.00|
Lateral hip and particularly buttock pain can often present diagnostic dilemmas and management challenges.
This course examines the various joint-related, soft tissue-related and nerve-related conditions associated with lateral hip and buttock pain, their mechanisms, clinical diagnostic tests and management approaches.
- 6 hours of online video tutorials plus a one hour live plus a one hour Q and A
- Downloadable PDF notes
- 3-months unlimited access
- Downloadable professional development certificate
- Clarify definitions and diagnoses of lateral hip and buttock pain
- Explore factors which may influence loads across the lateral hip and buttock and predispose to intra or extra-articular impingement, such as:
- morphological variants (e.g. bony structure, soft tissue – neural relationships)
- adverse soft tissue loading associated with kinematics and neuromotor function (focus on hip abductors and short external rotators).
- Provide an overview of key load management and therapeutic exercise strategies for lateral hip and buttock pain, particular to the patient presentation and associated difficulties with mechanical load transfer.
- Provide an update on scientific evidence for underlying diagnostic and management approaches.
- The Q and A will. Cover:
- Troubleshooting lateral hip pain-what to do when your patient is not responding as expected
- Top tips for buttock pain- finding your pathway by listening to the patient and a thorough physical assessment
- Let’s chat- open forum to discuss all your burning questions
Please Note: This course will be run over a 6 week period, delivered via a series of recordings, which will be available to those who registered, on the Monday of each of these six weeks. There will be a Q&A session in the final week - date to be advised.