CPOPC AGM and Education Event-'Embedding research with practice: Experience from the Trinity Exercise Oncology Research Group'
|Specialities||Oncology, Palliative Care|
|Presenter Details||Eimear Guinan|
|Contact Person||Matthew O’Brien|
|Contact Email||[email protected]|
|Date||13 Jun 2023 14:30 - 13 Jun 2023 17:00|
The lecture will include an update on the group’s current work and explore how others can start to build research into their own practice.
Eimear Guinan is an Assistant Professor in the School of Medicine with responsibility for the Interprofessional Learning programme for the Faculty of Health Sciences.
- Her main research interest is in the role of exercise and physical activity in ameliorating treatment side effects and optimising survivorship for patients with cancer.
- Her work considers both the therapeutic and the physiological impact of exercise programmes. I
- Guinan has a particular interest in the role of exercise for patients with complex cancer presentations including patients with cancer of the gastrointestinal tract and those with advanced disease. I
- Dr Guinan has been awarded >1.7 million in research funding as either principle investigator or co-applicant from external peer-reviewed grants (Health Research Board, Irish Cancer Society, Medical Charities Research Group), external research bursaries (Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists) and internal competitions from the Faculty of Health Sciences, Trinity College. I
- She has published over 50 peer reviewed publications and 1 book chapter. In addition, she leads an interprofessional learning research programme across the Faculty of Health Sciences.
Please login into your member profile to register