Exercise Testing and Prescription in Cardiac Rehabilitation HSCP Funded 3rd & 4th September 2021
|Event Type||HSCP Funded|
|Specialities||Cardiac Care, Respiratory Care|
|Presenter Details||Karen Cradock - is a specialist cardiac physiotherapist working as Clinical Lead at Heart 2 Heart Cardiac Physiotherapy. She has worked for over 20 years within the cardiac rehabilitation setting and was a key member of the team at St. Vincent’s University Hospital in pioneering heart failure rehabilitation in Ireland. She was awarded specialist member of the ISCP in 2015 in recognition of her work nationally in cardiac rehabilitation. She also lectures in the undergraduate and postgraduate physiotherapy programme in University College Dublin. More recently Karen has been caring for patients with the long COVID syndrome.
Dr Deirdre Waterhouse - is a consultant cardiologist with a special interest in Heart Failure and Cardiovascular Imaging. She is a member of the Cardiac MRI department in Blackrock Clinic and a UCD clinical lecturer. A graduate of UCD, Dr Waterhouse completed her training throughout Ireland. She continued her fellowship training in Echocardiography and cardiac MRI in France and Dublin. Dr Waterhouse has co-authored over two dozen articles in peer-reviewed medical journals and has written several chapters in medical text books related to cardiac imaging. She is now a key member of the team at Blackrock Clinic caring for patients with the long COVID syndrome.
Dr. Trevor Nicholson - is a Consultant Respiratory Physician with clinical interests in bronchiectasis, sarcoidosis, COPD, chronic cough, dyspnoea, respiratory muscle weakness, sleep apnoea, as well as general respiratory conditions. He undertook his specialist training in Respiratory Medicine in Ireland, at Cork University Hospital, St James’s Hospital, Dublin and also St. Vincent’s Hospital Dublin. He developed sub-specialist interests in bronchiectasis during his specialist training in Ireland, and while undertaking research at St. Vincent’s University Hospital, Dublin.
|How to Book||Complete Expression of Interest Application|
|Contact Person||Philip Murphy (ISCP Professional Development Coordinator)|
|Start Date 1||3 Sep 2021 09:00|
|End Date 1||3 Sep 2021 16:00|
|Start Date 2||4 Sep 2021 09:00|
|End Date 2||4 Sep 2021 16:00|
|HSCP Cardiac Rehab||€250.00|
|HSCP Cardiac Rehab||€250.00|
Location: The mode of delivery will be online. Lecture style presentations, demonstrations and practical case-based workshops.
Details on delivery of event: Two days
Dates: Friday 3rd and Saturday 4th September 2021
Expression of Interest opens 30th June and closes 6th August at 12:00
Offers will go out 6th / 9th August
Payment to secure your place on the course will be due by 13th August
This is a partially funded course (50% subsidised by HSCP office)
- Gain an understanding of heart disease
- Be able to risk stratify this population
- Complete a functional exercise test
- Establish special considerations within the heart failure and long COVID populations
- Establish a safe and effective exercise intervention within this population including the implications for patients with Heart Failure and the long COVID syndrome
Aims & Objectives:
- To understand the aetiology of heart disease
- To Establish the principles of exercise testing in the cardiac population
- Identify high risk groups within this population
- Understand the differences in aetiologies for specialist populations within this population including heart failure, diabetes, heart transplant & long COVID syndrome.
- Develop and design an exercise programme for this population adjusting for comorbidities and cardiac risk
Event Application Form
If you are approved for this event, the price will be €250.00