ISCP-Introduction to Project Management
Members must be logged in to register. Please note that the ISCP have a cancellation policy for all CPD events, as follows: Greater than 3 weeks -Full refund; Less than 3 weeks -50% refund unless place filled; Less than 2 weeks -No refund unless place filled; Less than 48 hours -No refund
|Presenter Details||Joe Houghton is a project trainer, business consultant and management coach working with multi-nationals, SMEs, and non-profit organisations. Joe is an experienced businessman with global management experience in programme and project management, technology and change for several multinationals including General Electric. He is also an Assistant Professor, Programme Director & co-creator of the Master’s in Project Management at UCD Smurfit, one of the top 50 business schools in the world. Joe has delivered various project and business-related programmes with Irish Times Training to both public and private sector clients, and also delivers training on the Springboard Return to Work programme.|
|How to Book||Book Online|
|Contact Person||Clare Grimes Dooley|
|Contact Email||[email protected]|
|Date||28 Feb 2024 09:30 - 28 Feb 2024 16:30|
|Non ISCP Members||€175.00|
1-day Introduction to Project Management
Project management involves a beginning-to-end approach when managing projects, and the same techniques and tools can be used to structure and enable small initiatives as well as large enterprise-wide project undertakings.
More and more companies are turning to project management techniques to ensure consistent business results and are investing time, money, and resources in building their organisational project management expertise.
This 1-day module will introduce the practical professional skills which form the fundamentals of project management knowledge, to help participants plan, execute and complete their projects more effectively and efficiently. Participants will understand the importance of planning and being organised for successful project management. The module will outline how participants can effectively manage their projects from beginning to end, and how to set a clear structure for future projects.
Content may include:
- What is Project Management?
- Scoping a project
- Defining the deliverables
- Working in teams
- Measuring Success
- Creating a realistic project schedule and plan
- Risk management
- Stakeholder Management
- Importance of good communication
- Practical tools for project management
- Sticking to the agreed timeline
- Finishing projects on time and on budget
- Project review and measuring success
Benefits of this programme:
On completion, participants will have developed:
- Improved time management skills for maximised productivity and reduced stress levels
- An increased understanding of how to successfully manage projects and tasks from beginning to end
- Improved communication skills for both written and verbal communications, whether internal or external
- An understanding of how to record minutes efficiently and effectively.