Paediatric MSK Advanced Study Day - The Active Adolescent
Members must be logged in to register - ISCP cancellation policy applies: Please note that the ISCP have a cancellation policy for all CPD events, as follows: Greater than 3 weeks - Full refund; Less than 3 weeks - 50% refund unless place filled; Less than 2 weeks - No refund unless place filled; Less than 48 hours - No refund
|Venue||The Killashee House Hotel|
|Presenter Details||Angela Jackson is a Chartered Physiotherapist who has spent the last 35 years seeking to understand why some young athletes get injured, yet others don’t. Her determination to educate young athletes on reducing their injury risk, has fuelled a career that has taken her from Canada, to working with national teams, clubs and schools across many sports becoming an expert in understanding all aspects of youth athlete development|
|How to Book||Book Online|
|Contact Person||Aoife McCarthy|
|Contact Email||[email protected]|
|Date||19 May 2023 08:45 - 19 May 2023 17:00|
|CPP Members - Paediatrics members only||€150.00|
|Non ISCP Members||€220.00|
An evidence-based practical day course that gives you the tools to assess and rehabilitate the sporty child from injury through to a safe return to play and sport. Delivered by Angela Jackson, a highly experienced Young Athlete Consultant physio, she will share with you her extensive experience in giving children the confidence and tools they need to meet the demands of their active sporty lives.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is applicable to all musculoskeletal therapists who see sporty children in their clinical setting both within private, sports club and HSE settings. This course will cover the latest evidence in relation to overuse MSK pathologies, assessment of the younger athlete, discuss the impact of growth and maturation, help you to learn how to create engaging treatment plans and how to effectively communicate with the younger patient. The course has a large practical element and will integrate case studies to help you understand how to put the learning content in to clinical practise.
- Be able to subjectively assess the athlete to identify any known risk factors associated with injury
- Be able to complete an objective assessment of the athlete to establish the capacity of the athlete at different stages of rehabilitation
- To develop a more extensive toolbox for exercise prescription
- Develop skills to motivate younger patients to complete treatment plans
- To improve treatment outcomes and reduce the risk of recurrence in junior athletes.
- Know how to assess when an athlete is ready & confident to return to sport/play
9.00 Paeds MSK Quiz
9.15 Ask the right questions of the sporty kid
10.00 Overuse injuries in sporty kids
11.15 Assessing The Adolescent Athlete
1.00 Assessing rotational based sports movement patterns
1.45 The Adolescent Athlete – Low Back Pain
3.00 Baseline and return to sport capacity testing
4.30 Creating engaging treatment plans
What to bring
- Loose fitting clothes and trainers for physical activity
- Tape measure
- Phone or ipad with a video option (not essential)