Biomechanical Assessment of the Foot and Orthotic Device Prescription Writing
Third Party Event
|Venue||International Hotel Cork|
|Specialities||Musculoskeletal Therapy, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Sports Medicine|
|Presenter Details||This multidisciplinary course is delivered jointly by Sharon Morris (Physiotherapist, MSc. Biomechanics) Galway City Physio, Joanne McKenna (Podiatrist) and Christine Kiernan (Podiatrist).|
|How to Book||Online|
|Contact Person||Martina McDonnell|
|Date||27 May 2022 09:00 - 28 May 2022 17:00|
This two-day course has been developed for postgraduate medical practitioners with MSK experience, and little to no experience in foot orthotic device prescription writing. The program focuses on foot assessment, posture and mechanics and the link to overall kinetic and kinematic function.
This intensive workshop-based course will encompass theory and practical workshops which aim to enable practitioners to:
- understand the principles of functional foot biomechanics.
- understand how the main functional units of the foot behave in gait.
- undertake a biomechanical assessment of the foot.
- identify pathological standing posture & gait patterns.
- identify if orthotic therapy is required and determine referral pathways.
- become confident in foot casting and capture techniques
- clinically reason functional elements and materials required in orthotic device prescription.
Applicants should hold a medical qualification of Level 7 upwards or equivalent, such as BSc. Physiotherapy, BSc. Podiatry etc.
This course costs €600 which includes lunch, tea / coffee, printed notes, a PPL Prescription Platform Kit and a free pair of Casted Custom Orthoses*. CPD point value of 14. Discounts available for recent graduates and group bookings. Contact us for further details.
*This free pair should be used on a patient and is not intended for the delegates. The order must be sent to PPL within 30 days post-course.