CRC Clinical Gait Analysis Course
Third Party Event
|Venue||CRC, Vernon Ave,|
|Presenter Details||CRC Gait Lab Team, CRC Phsyiotherapy, CHI Orthopaedics and Ottobock Orthotist|
|How to Book||EventBrite|
|Contact Person||Colm Daly|
|Contact Email||[email protected]|
|Pre Course Requirement||No|
|Date||2 Mar 2023 08:30 - 3 Mar 2023 16:30|
Join the CRC team for two days of face to face learning and discussion relating to clinical gait analysis. This hugely popular course is aimed at paediatricians, surgeons, orthotists and physiotherapists who work with ambulant children and adults with a neurological impairment.
- Participants will explore and interpret the outputs of clinical gait analysis - kinematics, kinetics and electromyography.
- Participants will become familiar with typical gait and common pathological gait patterns.
- Participants will become familiar with clinical measurement relevant to gait analysis.
- Participants will be guided through clinical reasoning and treatment planning using gait analysis including physiotherapy, orthotic, orthopaedic and medical management.
- Emphasis will be given to evidence-based decision making with appreciation of the relevant literature.
- Several detailed case discussions will be used to frame learning.
Tea/coffee and lunch will be provided.
PLEASE NOTE: This course is for healthcare professionals and is particularly suited to doctors, orthotists and physiotherapists working within the disability sector. There will be a strong focus on paediatric neurology, but the course will include content relevant to gait assessment across a variety of clinical presentations and specialties.
Participants will receive CPD certificates on completion of the course
The Gait and Movement Analysis Laboratory at the CRC is the national referral centre for clinical gait analysis in the Republic of Ireland and is the only facility accredited to Clinical Movement Analysis Society standards in the state.
Please book using the Eventbrite link or email Colm Daly ([email protected]) with any questions. In the event that this course is sold out please email [email protected] to be added to our cancellation list and waiting list for our next course.