Introductory Level Trigger Point Dry Needling
Third Party Event
|Venue||Cork International Hotel, Cork Airport Business Park, Cork T12 H516|
|Specialities||Musculoskeletal Therapy, Orthopedics, Pain Management, Rheumatology, Sports Medicine|
|Presenter Details||Sourjit Moharana is a Chartered Physiotherapist and Clinical Specialist in Musculoskeletal Therapy. He graduated in physiotherapy with a degree from SVNIRTAR, India in 1998. He worked in various hospitals and rehabilitation centers in India before migrating to Ireland in 2003. He started his work in Waterford Regional Hospital (University Hospital Waterford) and later moved to Waterford Primary Care and continues to work as a Senior Physiotherapist. He completed Post-Graduate Diploma in Orthopaedic Manual Therapy in 2004 from Curtin University, Australia, and Master of Manual Therapy in 2010 from The University of Western Australia. His focus is in musculoskeletal physiotherapy field and has a special interest in sub-acute and chronic / complex musculoskeletal conditions. He is a life-member of Indian Association of Physiotherapist and member of Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapist. He holds Level-II membership of International Federation of Orthopaedic Manipulative Physical Therapists (IFOMPT). Besides his clinical job, he is lecturing in Dry Needling courses throughout Ireland, UK & India. He has lectured in more than 50 Dry Needling Courses and trained hundreds of clinicians in Introductory and Advanced levels. His focus is to integrate myofascial pain and dry needling concept with traditional manual therapy assessment and treatment techniques to achieve maximum therapeutic effect.|
|How to Book||(1) BOOK YOUR PLACE DIRECTLY (PAYPAL/DEBIT/CREDIT card): Visit https://www.cohesivetherapy.ie/course-information/upcoming-courses OR https://www.cohesivetherapy.ie/store . Click on the relevant course and follow the instructions to make payments via Pay Pal account/Debit/Credit card and reserve your place. (2) PAY by Electronic Fund Transfer: Transfer the course fee using your NAME as reference to Cohesive Therapy IBAN: IE11AIBK93440220394197. Do not forget to Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive acknowledgement and pre-course study material. (3) PAY by Cheque/Bank Draft (place will be reserved upon clearance): Payable to COHESIVE THERAPY and POST to 10 ESKER WALK, ARDKEEN VILLAGE, WATERFORD.|
|Contact Person||Sourjit Moharana|
|Pre Course Requirement||Participant MUST Be Fully Qualified And Trigger Point Dry Needling MUST Be Within The Scope Of Practice.|
|Date||24 Sep 2021 08:30 - 26 Sep 2021 17:30|
COURSE OVERVIEW & CONTENT
The aim of this course is to introduce the concept of ‘Trigger Point Dry Needling’ to clinicians and develop relevant practical and clinical reasoning skills. It aims to improve a). Theoretical knowledge covering physiology of trigger points & their referral patterns, b). Indications, Contraindications of needling, c). Safe needling practice, d). Various needling techniques, e). Palpation skills and Clinical Surface Anatomy, and f). the concept of integrated therapeutic approach along with traditional manual therapy techniques.
A great emphasis is given towards indications, contraindications, technique & safety aspects of needling, and develop the concept of integrated therapeutic approach along with traditional manual therapy techniques. Superficial and Deep dry needling techniques form the core aspect of practical training and recent evidences are discussed.
Participants in the course are guided through brief overview of regional anatomy to augment needling skills. This course is complemented with real case studies and participants should be able to use the techniques immediately after completion of the course.
Trigger point dry needling of Lumbar erector spinae, Quadratus Lumborum, Iliopsoas, Gluteus-Maximus/Medius/Minimus, Piriformis & Short external Rotators, TFL, Adductors, Quadriceps, Hamstrings, Calf muscles, Upper/Middle/Lower-Trapezius, Levator Scapulae, Rhomboids, Supra- & Infraspinatus, Subscapularis, Teres Major & Minor, Latissimus Dorsi, Posterior Cervical Paraspinals and their attachments, and Thoracic Erector Spinae muscles are covered.
Upon completion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Understand the physiology of Myofascial Trigger Points,
- Understand patient’s pain/symptom presentation that involves predominantly myofascial component.
- Identify Myofascial Trigger Points.
- Improve Surface Anatomy and Palpation skills.
- Understand all the Indications, Contraindications and Safety aspects of Dry Needling.
- Improve clinical reasoning process to apply Dry Needling techniques in most appropriate conditions.
- Perform Superficial & Deep Dry Needling techniques in a safe and effective manner.
- Incorporate this in daily practice as another therapeutic tool.
- No prior experience in needling or trigger point therapy course is required.
- Participant MUST be fully qualified and Trigger Point Dry Needling MUST be within the scope of practice.
- Learn the techniques from a Manual Therapist with more than 23 years of clinical experience.
- A Coloured course manual containing detailed anatomical illustrations, trigger point referral patterns and photographs and description of needling techniques will be provided.
- Free practice needles for the course.
- Pre-course study materials containing Open Access Journal Articles on myofascial pain syndromes and dry needling, Dry Needling Guidelines and Real Case Studies will be e-mailed.
Revision of Safety Needling practice in Thoracic area