Mulligan Manual Therapy Concept: Part B: The Lower Quadrant: Peripheral Joints, Lumbar Spine and Sacroiliac Joints
Third Party Event
|Venue||Hermitage Medical Clinic, Old Lucan Road,|
|City||Dublin 20, D20 W722|
|Presenter Details||THOMAS MITCHELL: MCTA INSTRUCTORThomas is the UK MULLIGAN CONCEPT™ teacher, gaining membership to the Mulligan Concept Teachers Association in 2016. He is also a team leader and clinical supervisor first contact physiotherapist for Primary Care Sheffield NHS trust, clinical lead physiotherapist for the One Health Hand Hub and private practitioner for Remedy Physio.EXPERIENCEThomas has been practicing physiotherapy for over 20 years and has a number of clinical and academic interests. He worked for ten years in the elite sporting environment, with posts with the English Institute of Sport, GB Boxing, GB Wheelchair Rugby and Sheffield United Football Club. He lectures internationally on topics including the upper limb, First-Contact Physiotherapy and wrist and hand, and speaks regularly at national and international conferences. Thomas is academically active, currently engaged in a systematic review of physiotherapy for the shoulder and contributing chapters to various textbooks. He is the UK Mulligan Concept teacher providing training in the rational use of mobilisations with movement in the modern clinical environment.|
|How to Book||Book via website|
|Contact Person||NCORE Training And Events|
|Contact Email||[email protected]|
|Contact Phone||+44 1332 254679|
|Pre Course Requirement||N/A|
|Date||2 Feb 2024 14:00 - 4 Feb 2024 17:30|
This three-day course introduces the MULLIGAN CONCEPT™ to the application of Mobilisation with Movement the lower quadrant, and lumbosacral spine.
Aimed at the frontline practitioner, the MULLIGAN CONCEPT™ is a series of instantaneous and pain-free manual therapy techniques to allow assessment and treatment of musculoskeletal disorders to provide symptom and functional modification.
The course will provide the candidate with:
• How MWM sits within modern clinical reasoning and pathways
• Establishing when, and when not to experiment with MWM
• Self-MWM to enable patient-empowerment in their management
These interventions shall be underpinned by sound clinical reasoning in the application of Mobilisation with Movement on patients. Current rationalisation of the evidence base for the use of the MULLIGAN CONCEPT™ and manual therapy will be considered.
MULLIGAN CONCEPT™ courses provide clinically-directed education in:
• Hands-on techniques
• Self-treatment and self-management strategies
• Taping and home taping techniques
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Describe the underpinning theory of NAG's, SNAG's and Mobilisations with Movement.
- Demonstrate and justify the use of SNAG's in the lumboscaral region.
- Demonstrate and justify the use of peripheral MWM's for the hip, knee, and and foot with reference to common musculoskeletal disorders.
- Demonstrate the use of self-MWM’s and treatment in the context of holistic multi-modal patient care
This course is suitable for all musculoskeletal practitioners. It will be particularly useful to Newly Qualified, Junior or Senior Physiotherapists within musculoskeletal practice or aspiring ESP clinicians within First Contact Roles of MSK/Orthopaedic triage.
If you haven't previously attended Part A, you will receive the following course materials.
The candidate shall receive the following to allow immediate application of the Mulligan Concept in their clinical environment:
• A copy of 'NAGS, SNAGS, MWM's etc.' by Brian Mulligan
• A Mulligan treatment belt
• An extensive printed course Handbook
• Sponge foam for improved comfort with handling
- Attendance Certificate: Yes
- CPD Hours: 24
- Fee: €560