Non-Pharmacological Approaches to Pain Management (online course)
Third Party Event
|City||City Of Edinburgh|
|How to Book||Booking Form|
|Contact Person||Veronica Davey|
|Date||11 Apr 2022 09:00 - 15 May 2022 17:00|
This course aims to give a broad introduction to non-pharmacological approaches to pain management. Key tenets of non-pharmacological management will be explored and contemporary issues are discussed and debated. The course is fully online and runs for five weeks.
For further information and to book a place on the course please follow the link:
Following participation in this course it is hoped that you will demonstrate an enhanced ability to do the following:
- critically appraise the evidence base underpinning a range of non-pharmacological pain management techniques
- synthesize existing ideas and arguments and draw appropriate conclusions from the literature.
- identify factors which may influence the selection of non-pharmacological strategies for use as part of a biopsychosocial pain management approach.
- integrate non-pharmacological strategies within a biopsychosocial pain management approach.
The content of this course has been selected and structured to enhance your understanding and facilitate reflection on non-pharmacological strategies. There are five units in total and these are divided into 5 weeks of course content as follows:
- The Role of the Physiotherapist in Pain Management
- A Psychological Approach
- The Role of Electrotherapies in Pain Management
- Physical Activity for Health and Pain Management
- Vocational Rehabilitation
*Please note that whilst the content of the courses is set in advance, we do reserve the right to make minor amendments to the course material as necessary