Pain - A Multidimensional Phenomenon (online course)
Third Party Event
|How to Book||Website|
|Contact Person||Veronica Davey|
|Date||20 Sep 2021 09:00 - 24 Oct 2021 17:00|
Pain – A Multidimensional Phenomenon is an introduction to the problem of pain within a multidisciplinary team framework and outlines the extent of the problem in the community. It provides an overview of historical and philosophical models of pain and its management methods over time.
There is an introduction to the biopsychosocial model of pain management which provides the basis for modern pain management. An introduction to the measurement of pain is examined and the interrelationship between various paradigms of health and illness are outlined.
Participants will also begin to consider and explore professional and ethical issues. The course is fully online and runs for five weeks.
For further information and to book a place on the course please follow the link:
Course Aims and Objectives
This course aims to provide you an opportunity to consider:
- definitions, models and concepts of pain management and their relationship to your own professional practice model
- the processes involved in the development of knowledge about pain management
- the historical developments of pain theory and practice
- a knowledge of the broad scope of the problem of pain
- the development of a multidisciplinary approach to pain and its management
- key ethical issues in pain research and practice
The content of this CPD course has been chosen and structured as an introduction to the field of pain management. The content consists of five weeks of study in total:
- History and Concepts of Pain
- Epidemiology of Pain
- The Biopsychosocial Model of Pain and Multidisciplinary Pain Management
- Introduction to the Measurement of Pain
- Ethical Standards in Pain Research and Management
*Please note that whilst the content of the courses is set in advance, we do reserve the right to make minor amendments to the course material as and when necessary.