Phase 1 Strength & Conditioning Course
Third Party Event
|Venue||TUD - Blanchardstown Campus|
|Specialities||Management, Musculoskeletal Therapy, Orthopedics, Pain Management, Sports Medicine|
|Presenter Details||Karl Gilligan is the founder and CEO of Elite Performance Institute (EPI) Ltd. He is also the Head of Strength & Conditioning for World Rugby, overseeing the management of Strength & Conditioning services in preparation for the 2023 World Cup.
Karl has extensive experience in sport having previously worked as a Strength & Conditioning coach with Leinster Rugby and Ireland U-19 Rugby team from 2003-2007. He then worked with the Irish Institute of Sport (IIS) from 2008 to 2012. In 2012, he created EPI and began delivering EPI's Strength & Conditioning courses throughout Ireland. In 2015, he launched the courses internationally. In 2018, he became the first European provider to deliver sports performance courses in China. Since 2015, he has delivered more than 300 EPI's courses in over 10 countries worldwide with over 4, 500 participants certified through in-person education.
Karl graduated from St. Mary's University, London with a BSc in Sport Science and a MSc in Strength & Conditioning. Karl is also a professional member with the NSCA CSCS.
|How to Book||Register WIth Deposit Payment Online|
|Contact Person||Karl Gilligan|
|Date||29 Jul 2022 08:30 - 31 Jul 2022 16:30|
An introductory course for healthcare professionals interested in strength and conditioning and/or exercise rehabilitation. For more details visit: https://www.epicertification.com/courses/phase-1-may-dublin/
For healthcare professionals with an interest in delivering strength and conditioning and/or exercise rehabilitation in their clinical practice.
To provide participants with a practical, evidence-based approach to strength and conditioning coaching.
- Theory and practical based sessions
- Assumes little experience in strength and conditioning
- Provides a systematic approach for delivery of strength and conditioning sessions in the gym, pitch or track based environments
- Apply a system of training to their strength & conditioning coaching
- Conduct a movement screen and fitness assessment
- Gain a range of practical coaching skills
- Warm up protocol
- Acceleration speed
- Olympic lifting - clean & jerk
- Muscular power plyometrics
- ATP-CP energy system enhancement
- Formulate programs to improve strength endurance, hypertrophy, max strength, explosive strength and reactive strength
- Create programs to develop linear speed, multidirectional speed and speed endurance
- Devise a linear periodisation model for planning
- Taught by World Rugby Strength & Conditioning coach Karl Gilligan
- Detailed manual provide extensive list of programs
- 70:30 split of practical:theory
- Phase 1 certification provided at end of course
Testimonial: Hazel O'Donovan ISCP ReSync Physiotherapy Clinic
"I did phase 1 and 2 of the NCSC course with Karl and I couldn’t recommend it highly enough! I work as a physiotherapist and found it such an amazing tool to improve both my assessment and treatment in clinic. I would highly recommend it as a form of CPD for anyone interested in the area. The course was enjoyable and engaging. Each section was well laid out and all the information was provided so clearly! Karl is so lovely and helpful with any questions. I would do it all over again :)"