Refresher Course in Trigger Point Dry Needling
Third Party Event
|Training Room City Enterprise Centre Waterford Business Park, Cork Road Waterford X91 HC2V
|Musculoskeletal Therapy, Orthopedics, Pain Management, Rheumatology, Sports Medicine
Sourjit Moharana is a Chartered Physiotherapist and Clinical Specialist in Musculoskeletal Therapy. He graduated in physiotherapy with a degree from SVNIRTAR, India in 1998. He worked in various hospitals and rehabilitation centers in India before migrating to Ireland in 2003. He started his work in Waterford Regional Hospital (University Hospital Waterford) and later moved to Waterford Primary Care and continues to work as a Senior Physiotherapist. He completed Post-Graduate Diploma in Orthopaedic Manual Therapy in 2004 from Curtin University, Australia, and Master of Manual Therapy in 2010 from The University of Western Australia. His focus is in musculoskeletal physiotherapy field and has a special interest in sub-acute and chronic / complex musculoskeletal conditions. He is a life-member of Indian Association of Physiotherapist and member of Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapist. He holds Level-II membership of International Federation of Orthopaedic Manipulative Physical Therapists (IFOMPT). Besides his clinical job, he is lecturing in Dry Needling courses throughout Ireland, UK & India. He has lectured in more than 50 Dry Needling Courses and trained hundreds of clinicians in Introductory and Advanced levels. His focus is to integrate myofascial pain and dry needling concept with traditional manual therapy assessment and treatment techniques to achieve maximum therapeutic effect.
|How to Book
|Book your place directly by visiting the link in Booking Form
|https://www.cohesivetherapy.ie/course-information/upcoming-courses OR https://www.cohesivetherapy.ie/store
|Pre Course Requirement
|Must Have Completed 21hrs Introductory/Foundation Level Trigger Point Dry Needling Course
|9 Mar 2024 08:30 - 9 Mar 2024 17:30
This is a ‘PRACTICAL & PARTICIPANT LEAD’ course developed to enhance the skills and build confidence of clinicians already practicing or trained in Myofascial Trigger Point Dry Needling Technique. A great emphasis will be given to the Practical, Clinical Reasoning component and Safe techniques.
- Build confidence and improve skills in Myofascial Trigger Point Dry Needling techniques.
- Learn Safe & Alternative techniques for many muscles.
- Get up-to-date knowledge of current research and evidences.
- Participant MUST have completed an Introductory / Foundation Level Course (21Hrs) in Trigger Point Dry Needling (NOT Acupuncture) from any of the course providers. A copy of previous course completion certificate needs to be submitted prior to attending the course. This prerequisite is to ascertain that participant have knowledge of basic dry needling technique, theory around it and have covered most of the listed muscles. The aim of the course is to revise the needling techniques of the muscles listed below. It is acceptable if few of the listed muscles were not covered in the previous course.
- Practicing ‘Dry Needling’ MUST be within participant’s scope of practice.
We aim to revise Trigger point dry needling techniques of the following muscles.*
Muscles of Lower Limb: Gluteus Maximus, Medius & Minimus, Piriformis & Short external Rotators, Iliopsoas, Tensor Fasciae Latae, Pectineus, Adductor Longus, Brevis & Magnus, Gracilis, Sartorius, Quadriceps, Hamstrings, Gastrocnemius, Soleus, Popliteus.
Muscles of Upper Limb: Trapezius (Upper, Middle, Lower), Levator Scapulae, Rhomboids, Deltoid, Supraspinatus, Infraspinatus, Teres Major & Minor, Latissimus Dorsi, Subscapularis.
Spine: Posterior Cervical Paraspinals, Thoracic Spine, Quadratus Lumborum & Lumbar erector spinae. *Any other trigger point as per the demand of the participating group.