Professional / Clinical
· Assessment and treatment of referred patients.
· To provide accurate clinical records and annual statistical data.
· To maintain daily physiotherapy data sheet.
· To liaise with relevant healthcare teams.
· To communicate with family members where necessary.
· To monitor the working order of physiotherapy equipment and report any faults.
· To report accidents in writing.
· To attend regular Manual Handling updates.
· To attend post-graduate courses in relevant areas to update knowledge and treatment techniques.
· To attend departmental meetings.
· To work at all times as part of a team and respect the opinions of team members.
· To maintain confidentiality of information about patients at all times.
· Ensure the safety of self and others in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1989.
· Perform such other duties appropriate to the office, as assigned from time to time.
Education, Training & Development
The Physiotherapist will:
· Participate in mandatory training programmes
· Take responsibility for, and keep up to date with Physiotherapy practice by participating in continuing professional development such as reflective practice, in service, self-directed learning, research, clinical audit etc and maintain a CPD folder
· Engage in personal development planning and performance review for self as required
Health & Safety
The Basic Grade Physiotherapist will:
· Develop and monitor implementation of agreed policies, procedures and safe professional practice by adhering to relevant legislation, regulations and standards
· Ensure the safety of others, and the maintenance of safe environments and equipment used in Physiotherapy in accordance with legislation
· Carry out a risk assessment as a component of each Physiotherapy intervention
· Take the appropriate timely action to manage any incidents or near misses within his/her assigned area, fill in incident report forms and report to the Physiotherapy Manager with an original copy of the incident form
· Be responsible for the safe and competent instructions both written and verbal on the use and maintenance of all equipment, aids and appliances used both by the clients and designated staff under his/her supervision
· Co-ordinate and provide specialist physiotherapy intervention to patients referred with neurological conditions.
· Develop and administer the highest quality of service by identifying and implementing operational procedures in line with best practice standards.
· Keep abreast with new developments, skills and technology to ensure continuing competence in the job.
· Enhance his/her skills in order to initiate and respond to changes in the work environment as additional roles may be demanded e.g. data analysis, clinical audit, continued professional development and research.
· Participate in external special interest groups and / or demonstrate evidence of contributing to national / international conferences.
· To participate in the management of the Physiotherapy Service as a member of the Physiotherapy team in co-operation with the Physiotherapy Manager.
· To create and promote good working relationships through open communication.
· To actively participate in and promote continuing education and research activities consistent with the position.
· To maintain appropriate records and statistics sufficient for organisational and legal purposes to include work related injuries/incidents.
· To assist the Physiotherapy Manager in achieving Quality and Accreditation requirements for Physiotherapy service
· To provide in intra disciplinary education to promote physiotherapy service in Peamount Hospital.
· To lead by example a professional, dedicated and punctual team.
· To encourage professional development of team members through promotion of self-learning, formal courses and in-service training.
· Take part in teaching/training/supervision/evaluation of Physiotherapy students as and where appropriate
As set out by the Department of Health and Children. Salaries are paid monthly on the 26th of the month or in the event of a weekend the nearest working day to that date. Salaries are paid by pay path.
Successful candidates will partake in a rotational system organised by the Physiotherapy Manager.
Navy slacks, white polo shirt or uniform top in line with hospital policy. Ties must not be worn in the interest of safety.
The above Job Specification is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him / her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.