Chartered Physiotherapist - Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine
Chartered Physiotherapist - Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine (Location: Dublin with some travel to satellite sites.)
|Job Type||Full Time|
We are seeking a highly motivated, dynamic and organised Physiotherapist to join our specialist practice in Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine. This will combine leadership roles in physiotherapy and clinical care with practice management and outreach activities.
This exciting and innovative role offers a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to further develop their career in sports medicine in an established orthopaedic sports practice while also offering the opportunity for career progression.
Our practice in Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine has become a recognised leader in the provision of care to athletes and all patients with injuries of the knee and shoulder across Ireland. We treat patients and athletes of all levels of activity, from recreational to professional. Our primary practice location is at Sports Surgery Clinic Dublin, with satellite centres at Galway Clinic, Blackrock Clinic, and Trinity College Dublin.
We are focused on delivering the highest possible level of care, as well as excellence in all interactions and communications with physicians, physiotherapists, rehabilitation specialists and others, all of which ensures the best outcomes possible for our patients. In addition to delivering standard medical and surgical treatments, we are also expanding our practice activity in the field of biological treatments and regenerative approaches for pain and injury.
The appointed Physiotherapist will be working in all capacities of patient care in orthopaedics and sports medicine. This will combine leadership roles in both physiotherapy and practice management. While the successful candidate will be supported by our practice administrative team, the responsibility of managing the physiotherapy and post operative patient caseload will remain with the appointed physiotherapist. Primary responsibilities will include managing our post-surgical care pathway, supporting patients with clinical queries, and providing physiotherapy assessments and treatments to both our surgical and non-operative patients.
The successful candidate will also play a lead role in our programmes of outreach, marketing and education, digital media, website activity, patient resources, and video delivered content.
• A demonstrable commitment to developing a career in Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine
• An understanding of the importance of contributing to practice management as well as physiotherapy in the delivery of high-quality patient care.
• BSc in physiotherapy or an equivalent qualification. Current ISCP and CORU registration.
• Preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate CPD or post graduate experience and education in the area of Sports Medicine and Orthopaedics.
• Candidates ideally will have a minimum of 1-2 years post graduate experience in musculoskeletal, orthopaedics and sports medicine.
• Flexibility in working across our clinical sites located in Dublin and Galway.
• Demonstrate sufficient clinical knowledge and evidence-based practice to carry out duties and responsibilities of the post
• Demonstrate ability to plan and deliver care in an effective and resourceful manner within a model of person-centred care.
Personal Attributes Required:
• Highly organised
• Efficient and proactive
• Have a passion for sports-focused orthopaedic care
• Ability to successfully interact with all levels of an organisation, as well as with outside physicians, physiotherapists, industry and academic partners
• Demonstration of enthusiasm for outreach and usage of digital and social media platforms
• Interest in research, patient outcome evaluation, and continued professional development in Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine.
Salary and Conditions will be discussed with applicants shortlisted for interview and will be based on level of experience. References will be required prior to appointment. We pride ourselves in maintaining an excellent standard of care for our patients, our athletes and their families. If you think that you would be a good fit for our practice we would love to hear from you with your CV.
Informal enquiries are also welcomed if you would like to discuss this opportunity and your potential suitability.
|Education Level||BSc Hons|
|Apply Before||11 Oct 2021|
|Location||Dublin With Some Travel To Satellite Sites.|
|Contact Name||Prof. Cathal J Moran|
|Contact Phone||01 526 2352|