Clearbrook Nursing Home a 90 bed nursing home in Finglas in Dubin is seeking currently seeking applications for a Chartered Physiotherapist.
We require an ISCP & CORU registered with fully up-to-date professional indemnity insurance to provide physiotherapy services to our residents on a part time basis. The requirement for the role is 3 days a week with working hours of 9.30am - 4:30pm.
Purpose of the Post
To perform physiotherapeutic assessment of residents with diverse presentations and varying physical and psychological conditions, to provide a clinical diagnosis and develop and deliver an individualised treatment programme.
Roles and Responsibiliites
The Physiotherapist will:
- Be professionally and legally accountable for all aspects of own work, including the management of residents in your care
- Undertake a comprehensive assessment of residents including those with diverse or varying presentations/multi pathologies; using clinical reasoning skills and manual assessment techniques to provide an accurate diagnosis of their condition
- Formulate and deliver an individual physiotherapy treatment programme based on a sound knowledge of evidence-based practice and treatment options using clinical assessment, reasoning skills and knowledge of treatment skills, e.g. manual physiotherapy techniques, residents’ education, exercise classes, electrotherapy techniques and other alternative options
- Formulate accurate prognoses and recommend the best course of intervention, developing comprehensive discharge plans
- Assess resident understanding of treatment proposals, gain valid informed consent and have the capacity to work within a legal framework with residents who lack capacity to consent to treatment
- Use a range of verbal and non-verbal communication tools to communicate effectively with residents to progress rehabilitation and treatment programmes. This will include residents who may have difficulties in understanding or communicating
- Evaluate resident progress, reassess and alter treatment programmes if required
- Work within ISCP clinical guidelines and professional guidelines and to have a good working knowledge of national and local standards and monitor own and others quality of practice as appropriate
- Be responsible for maintaining accurate and comprehensive resident treatment records in line with professional standards of practice
- Be responsible for maintain accurate and comprehensive resident treatment records in line with professional standards of practice
- Represent physiotherapy service and/or individual residents at the multi-disciplinary team meetings, to ensure the delivery of a co-ordinated multidisciplinary service, and integrate physiotherapy treatment into the treatment programme
- Maintain and develop current knowledge of evidence-based practice in the areas of each rotation, developing specialist knowledge of particular conditions and resident types
- Undertake such other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Director of Nursing