Due to a rapid increase in demand for our services we are continuing to recruit for Chartered Physiotherapists (part time) in Galway region. These are exciting opportunities to join our team and help us to expand and develop our services in the sector.
The successful candidates will be working with an experienced team of Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists and Exercise and Rehabilitation therapists that are all committed to improving our older adult’s quality of life.
Applicants must have a genuine interest in the ageing adult population and should have previous work experience working with older adults and a keen interest in exercise therapy.
- Working with older adults predominantly in long term residential care, community hospitals, day-care centres and their own homes in multiple weekly sites. Day to day responsibilities include carrying out individual assessments, joint multidisciplinary assessments, functional, fitness and falls risk assessments using best practice outcome measures to devise treatments plans that achieve person centred short- and long-term goals. Delivering specialised group exercise therapy to older adults of all levels of physical and cognitive capabilities is an integral part of the service we provide.
- Working closely with other members of the Fit For Life team to introduce new ideas and approaches to offer a more holistic service. Researching and delivering in services on older adult related topics.
- Extensive in-house training provided in the areas such as appropriate exercise prescription for all older adults in an individual and group setting (including those living with dementia), falls prevention and advanced people handling. Monthly in services, CPD and research opportunities available.
The ideal candidate will be;
- Competent and enthusiastic in instructing, prescribing, recording and analysing best practice exercise with participants of varying capacity and pathologies.
- Genuinely interested in and committed to working with the older adult population.
- Able to provide evidence of continued professional development around older adult care.
- Flexible and willing to be involved in all aspects of the companies on site interventions.
- CORU registered AND member of ISCP.
- Legally entitled to work in Ireland.
- A good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experienced working with older adults or have proven research in the field.
- Salary €37.5k- €42.9k per annum- BASED ON FULL TIME
- Initial 9month probationary contract with a full review based on performance.
- Travel expenses are paid when using your private vehicle as per company policy.
- Company vehicle may be provided.
- Company work phone provided.
- We offer flexible work arrangements.
- Opportunities to upskill as a Fit For Life specialised trainer.
- Must have recent and long-term references.
- Full drivers licence is essential.