Job Purpose: Provide clinical care in physiotherapy through assessment, diagnosis and treatment of patients in specialist Inpatient Units, including Intensive Care, Cardio-respiratory, Cardio-thoracic, Surgical-respiratory, Orthopaedics, Neurology, Medical rehabilitation and Oncology.
- Assess, analyse and provide a clinical diagnosis for individual patients to determine their need for physiotherapy intervention.
- Plan with patient to implement, evaluate, treat and progress patient care to maximise their rehabilitation potential within specialist area.
- Manage caseload of patients effectively and efficiently, ensuring support is sought with complex cases.
- Maintain patient documentation, records and accurate statistical information to reflect care provided and meet professional standards.
- Communicate and make recommendations to all relevant disciplines of staff to maximise patient care and promote multidisciplinary working.
- Work independently to provide physiotherapy weekend care and stand-by weekend care (on a roster basis).
- Monitor activity and support senior physiotherapists and the physiotherapist manager to prioritise resources to meet service demands.
- To participate in departmental continuous professional development, education and training, audit and evidence-based projects.
- Degree/diploma in Physiotherapy (Essential)
- CORU registration (Essential)
- One year post qualification experience with some hospital experience essential
- Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists (ISCP) membership (Desirable)
- Relevant Post Graduate Courses (Respiratory, Neurosciences, Musculoskeletal) (Desirable)
- Good communicator
- Team worker
- Ability to work independently
Closing date for receipt of applications: Friday 9th September 2022 at 5.30pm
To apply, please refer to the careers section of www.galwayclinic.com
Blackrock Health at The Galway Clinic is an equal opportunities employer