Foxrock Nursing Home is an exceptionally well run Nursing Home in Cairn Hill, Westminister Road, Foxrock. It is a beautiful Home and the Resident is at the heart of every decision made. Foxrock NH is part of Trinity Care, we believe in offering the best service possible to our Residents and supporting our staff through CPD.
Foxrock Nursing Home, Cairn Hill, Foxrock, Co Dublin is currently looking for a Physiotherapist for 24 hours per week
To work in conjunction with other team members in co-ordinating and developing the service to meet the needs of the Residents in Foxrock Nursing Home
To be responsible for the provision of a high quality physiotherapy service in accordance with standards of professional practice.
The Physiotherapist will:
- Be responsible for client assessment, development and implementation of individualised treatment plans that are client centred and in line with best practice.
- Be responsible for goal setting in partnership with client, family and other team members as appropriate.
- Communicate effectively with and provide instruction, guidance and support to, staff clients, family, carers etc.
- Document client records in accordance with professional standards and departmental policies.
- Participate in review meetings, case conferences etc, when required.
- Develop and promote professional standards of practice.
- Work within own scope of professional competence in line with principles of best practice, professional conduct and clinical governance.
- Seek advice of relevant personnel when appropriate / as required.
- Operate within the scope of practice of the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists.
- Participate in mandatory training programmes.
- Take responsibility for, and keep up to date with physiotherapy practice by participating in continuing professional development such as reflective practice, in service, self directed learning, research, clinical audit et
- Be responsible for the co-ordination and delivery of a quality service in line with best practice.
- Develop and monitor implementation of agreed policies, procedures and safe professional practice by adhering to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Ensure the safety of self and others, and the maintenance of safe environments and equipment used in Physiotherapy in accordance with legislation.
- Assess and manage risk in their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Take the appropriate timely action to manage any incidents or near misses within the Home
- Report any deficiency/danger in any aspect of the service to the DON as appropriate.
- Be responsible for the safe and competent use of all equipment, aids and appliances both by clients and staff under your supervision.
- Develop and promote quality standards of work and co-operate with quality assurance programmes.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the role for example, Standards for Healthcare, National Standards for the Prevention and Control of Healthcare Associated Infections, Hygiene Standards et
- Oversee the upkeep of accurate records in line with best practice.
- Collate and maintain accurate statistics and render reports as required.
- Promote a culture that values diversity and respect in the workplace.
- Participate in the control and ordering of physiotherapy stock and equipment in conjunction with the DON
- Be accountable for the budget, where relevant.
- Keep up to date with organisational developments within the Irish Health Service..