Physiotherapist (Fixed Term Contract)
Physiotherapist (Fixed Term Contract) (Location: Cork)
|Job Type||Part Time|
Fixed Term - Six month contract (0.7 WTE / Hours TBC)
Responsible to/Report to:
The post holder shall report to the Physiotherapist Manager
Director of Nursing & Head of Allied Health
Liaise with all Medical, Nursing, Health & Social Care Professionals, Clerical/Administrative Staff, Service Users, External Persons and Organisations as required.
Candidates for appointment must:
Main Duties & Responsibilities (Post Summary)
Duties & Responsibilities (Overview)
The Physiotherapist will:
· Carry a clinical caseload appropriate to the post.
· Be responsible for client assessment, development and implementation of individualised treatment plans that are client centred and in line with best practice.
· Be responsible for goal setting in partnership with the client, family and other team members as appropriate.
· Communicate and work in co-operation with other team members.
· Develop effective communication with and provide instruction, guidance and support to service users, family, carers etc.
· Document client records in accordance with professional standards and departmental policies
· Provide a service in varied locations in line with local policy / guidelines and within appropriate time allocation (e.g., clinic).
· Participate in review meetings, case conferences, ward rounds etc. as appropriate.
· Maintain professional standards of practice.
· Maintain quality standards of work and co-operate with quality assurance programmes.
· Work within own scope of professional competence in line with principles of best practice, professional conduct and clinical governance.
· Seek the advice of relevant personnel when appropriate / as required.
· Operate within the scope of practice of the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists
· Participate in mandatory training programmes.
· Take responsibility for, and keep up to date with Physiotherapy practice by participating in continuing professional development such as reflective practice, in service training, self-directed learning, research, clinical
· Engage in performance review processes including personal development planning.
· Participate in the practice education of student physiotherapists. Take part in teaching / training / supervision of staff / others as appropriate (once sufficient clinical experience has been attained) and attend practice educator courses as relevant to role and needs.
A full and detailed job description will be available to candidates.
|Career Level||Basic Grade|
|Salary||€40,325.00 To €58,483.00|
|Apply Before||22 Sep 2023|
|Contact Name||Megan Airey|
|Contact Email||[email protected]|
|Contact Phone||021 4869100|