Part time/locum contracts available for weekend work to provide clinical care in physiotherapy through assessment, diagnosis and treatment of patients in specialist Inpatient Units, including Intensive Care, Cardiorespiratory, Cardiothoracic, Surgical respiratory, Orthopaedics, Neurology, Medical rehabilitation and Oncology.
Hours of work available: 14 hours per weekend
- Assess, analyse and provide a clinical diagnosis for individual patients to determine their need for physiotherapy intervention.
- Plan with patient to implement, evaluate, treat and progress patient care to maximise their rehabilitation potential within specialist area.
- Manage caseload of patients effectively and efficiently, ensuring support is sought with complex cases.
- Maintain patient documentation, records and accurate statistical information to reflect care provided and meet professional standards.
- Communicate and make recommendations to all relevant disciplines of staff to maximise patient care and promote multidisciplinary working.
- Work independently to provide physiotherapy weekend care and stand-by weekend care (on a roster basis).
- Monitor activity and support senior physiotherapists and the physiotherapist manager to prioritise resources to meet service demands.
- Participate in departmental continuous professional development, education and training, audit and evidence-based projects.
- Degree/diploma in Physiotherapy (Essential)
- CORU registration (Essential)
- A minimum of two years post qualification experience with acute hospital experience (Essential)
- Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists (ISCP) membership (Desirable)
- Relevant Post Graduate Courses (Respiratory, Neurosciences) (Desirable)
- Good communicator
- Team worker
- Ability to work independently
Closing date for receipt of applications: Tuesday 31st January 2023 at 5.30pm
Blackrock Health at The Galway Clinic is an equal opportunities employer