Professional Knowledge & Experience
· Demonstrate sufficient clinical knowledge, clinical reasoning skills and evidence based practice to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the role.
· Demonstrate an appropriate level of understanding of the Physiotherapy process, the underpinning theory and its application to the role.
· Within practice, demonstrates sound clinical and professional judgement consistent with accepted models of Physiotherapy practice.
· Demonstrate commitment to continuing professional development.
· Demonstrate a willingness to develop IT skills relevant to the role.
Planning and Managing Resources
· Demonstrate the ability to plan and deliver care in an effective and resourceful manner and the ability to manage self in a busy working environment.
· Demonstrate ability to take initiative and to be appropriately self-directed.
· Demonstrates awareness of potential problems and flexibility in prioritising to maintain service standards.
· Demonstrates innovation in working within resource limitations to enhance service delivery.
· Demonstrate effective team skills and the ability to work collaboratively with others.
· Promotes and participates in a culture of involvement and consultation.
· Demonstrates the ability to react constructively to setbacks, is able to maintain professionalism and manage situations where conflict arises.
· Demonstrates a willingness to get involved and assist others as appropriate.
Commitment to providing a Quality Service
· Demonstrate a commitment to the delivery of a high quality, person centred service.
· Treats all service users with dignity and respect and ensures that welfare of the service user is a key consideration at all times.
· Demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and an openness to change.
Evaluating Information and Judging Situations
· Demonstrate the ability to evaluate information and make effective decisions in relation to service user care.
· Demonstrates the ability to think ahead to the consequences of decisions and considers precedence to ensure consistency.
· Establishes integrity by ensuring that the professional, ethical and safety factors are fully considered in decisions into which they have input.
Communications and Interpersonal Skills
· Display effective communication skills (verbal & written).
· Tailors the communication method and the message to match the needs of the audience.
· Demonstrates interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate and work in partnership with others.
· Is sensitive to issues arising from multiple stakeholders, is patient and understanding.
· Demonstrates good negotiation skills and is assertive as required.