Would you like to work for a great employer? Enable Ireland is an organisation that makes a real difference to the lives of children and adults with disabilities in Ireland, and ranked 8th in the healthcare division of the Irish Independent’s Best Employers 2022 list.
We are currently seeking highly-motivated Senior Grade Physiotherapists to join our teams in CHO6, Dublin South.
This is a permanent, part time post working 28 hours per week (0.8 WTE).
This post is based in CDNT2, currently located in Sandymount.
This is a specified purpose, part time post working 17.5 hours per week (0.5 WTE).
This post is based in CDNT3, currently located in Leopardstown.
Overall Purpose of the Post:
The post holder will work as a senior member of the interdisciplinary team providing services to children and families within the region. The post holder will be responsible for the provision of a physiotherapy service to include assessment diagnostics and intervention, clinical and performance supervision and ongoing service delivery to children with a range of disabilities.
- Planning and Managing
- Plans and organises individual and group caseloads within a team based model of working, to include assessments, interventions and diagnosis.
- Foresees potential problems or competing priorities and takes appropriate action to ensure service standards don’t suffer.
- Fosters an awareness of the need for value for money and a sense of accountability for budgets within the team/service.
- Takes responsibility for the achievement of service delivery targets by regularly monitoring, recording and reporting performance outcomes and statistics.
- Demonstrates innovation in aiming to work within resource limitations to sustain and enhance the service.
- Takes responsibility for clinical supervision of basic grade therapists within the team/service as required.
- To carry out vaccination of both Service Owners and staff as required.
- Judgement and Evaluation
- Demonstrates a sound understanding of administrative practice and protocol in decisions.
- Thinks ahead to the consequences of decisions, and considers precedence to ensure consistency.
- Establishes integrity by ensuring that professional, ethical and safety factors are fully considered in decisions into which they have an input.
- Makes decisions in a transparent manner by involving and empowering others where appropriate and will explain the rationale behind decisions.
- Recognises when it is appropriate to refer decisions to a higher level of authority or to include other colleagues in the decision making process.
- Professional Development and Standards in the Service
- Demonstrates sufficient clinical skills in physiotherapy assessment intervention and diagnostics.
- Contributes to the ongoing development and implementation of Enable Ireland quality assurance initiatives in line with the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM) as adopted by Enable Ireland.
- Collaborates skilfully with the Service Owner and other stakeholders while working in partnership with the service user’s parent/family/carer to identify goals and deal with complex situations.
- Is adequately aware of policy, legislative and professional requirements to ensure appropriate standards in their area of responsibility.
- Ensures that all records and technical data are up to date and available if required.
- Takes initiatives to move the service forward and show willingness to try out new ideas that add service delivery value.
- Ensures strict compliance with health and safety standards and adheres to operational guidelines ensuring equipment is checked and working correctly in accordance with safety standards.
- Ensures that professional standards are adhered to for the physiotherapy service provided.
- Keeps up to date with clinical practice and professional development.
- Team Working
- Attend and actively contribute to relevant clinical, professional and service meetings.
- Participates as a full member of the service team.
- Facilitates staff development by providing support such as clinical supervision, mentoring and coaching.
- Understands the complexity of working in a team and team dynamics.
- Understands and facilitates interdisciplinary team working.
- Participate in training and developmental opportunities as identified and agreed.
- Support and contribute to research initiatives as required.
- Supports Children’s Disability Network Manager in implementing changes and improving service delivery.
- Builds credibility and portrays the profession/service in a positive light by being professional and well informed.
- Demonstrates determination and initiative to achieve results and improve the service.
- Clearly accepts accountability for standards of performance in relevant area of responsibility.
- Inspires others to work to high standards by being enthusiastic about the profession and the service.
- Maintains ethical and personal standards at all times.
- Facilitate individual and group interventions in a skilled manner.
- Building and Maintaining Working Relationships
- Gets a message across clearly and persuasively in a variety of different media (oral, written and electronic).
- Makes a compelling case to positively influence the thinking of others.
- Demonstrates strong listening and sensing skills.
- Work in partnership with a range of relevant stakeholders.