The Opportunity – Senior MSK Physio, Swiftcare, Vhi Health & Wellbeing
Vhi is Ireland’s No.1 Health Insurer. Vhi Health & Wellbeing has been established to develop medical, health and wellbeing services for Vhi customers. Vhi currently provides a range of health and wellbeing services to its customers.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior MSK Physioto join the team.
The person appointed to this post will work in the musculoskeletal physiotherapy department at the SwiftCare Clinics. The caseload will entail management of a variety of acute to chronic musculoskeletal complaints. Referrals sources will primarily be from SwiftCare clinic doctors, and also the Orthopaedic and Sports Injury/Musculoskeletal services as well as outside referrals or self-referrals from Vhi members.
- Act independently to assess, analyse patients and determine the need for appropriate physiotherapy intervention.
- Be responsible for client assessment, development and implementation of individualised treatment plans that are client centred and in line with best practice.
- Effectively manage patients with complex conditions in conjunction with other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Utilise a range of physiotherapy skills including manual techniques, self-management advice, therapeutic exercise – group and individual, and patient education.
- Carry out the appropriate physiotherapy treatment for each patient with due regard for the Physiotherapy Code of Professional Conduct, as outlined by the Irish Society for Chartered Physiotherapists.
- Communicate effectively with and provide instruction, guidance and support to, staff, clients, family, carers etc.
- Regularly audit clinical practice and initiate collaborative change that will improve standards of care and health outcomes to patients.
- Develop literature to support patient information and education including development of Sports injury information website
- Work 1:1 with clients to develop a treatment or personalised plan, based on the best available evidence and established pathways. Working with each individual over time to help them achieve their goals.
- Contribute to the development of new Integrative Health initiatives and solutions. Research & recommend potential new initiatives to be included in future phases of the Integrative Health Proposition.
- Work as a skilled practitioner to provide and deliver physiotherapy assessment and treatment to a mixed clinical caseload of patients appropriate to urgent care, ambulatory and medical screening services.
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the following minimum requirements:
- Hold a Physiotherapy qualification recognised by the Physiotherapists Registration Board at CORU.
- Hold a qualification in Physiotherapy awarded outside of the Republic of Ireland which has been recognised by the Physiotherapists Registration Board at CORU – candidates must state CORU registration number on application or CORU application number and date of submission if still awaiting registration number
- Have a minimum of 5 years clinical experience
- Musculoskeletal/Manual Therapy Masters
- A Yoga or Pilates instructor qualification
- A Strength and Conditioning qualification
- A knowledge of, and interest in, Integrative Health
Skills / competencies:
- High level of professional and personal integrity
- An interest in, or experience of Yoga, Meditation or Integrative Health is a distinct advantage.
- Experience of developing, applying and reviewing an evidence-based approach to decision making
- Proficient in navigating IT systems and comfortable using digital platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively and confidently across all levels of an organisation.
- Exceptional planning and time management, effectively prioritises tasks and has the ability to manage multiple complex tasks.
- Ability to analyse and interpret data to measure success of health and wellness initiatives.
- Flexibility to work evenings / weekends as required by the role.
- Full, clean driving licence.
The Next Steps
For additional information or discussion on this role, please contact Suzi Clarke at email@example.com.
If you are interested in applying for the above position, please submit your CV by clicking on the Apply Now button below.
**Candidates must state CORU registration number on application or CORU application number and date of submission if still awaiting registration number**
Closing Date: COB Tuesday 13th July 2021
Vhi Group is an equal opportunities employer
We keep the information that you provide us, for a period of 2 years. The information will be used for recruitment purposes only. Your information will not be transferred outside of Ireland. By submitting your application to us you show that you agree to this.