The person appointed to this post will work in the musculoskeletal physiotherapy department at the SwiftCare Clinics. The caseload will entail management of a variety of acute to chronic musculoskeletal complaints. Referrals sources will primarily be from SwiftCare clinic doctors, and also the Orthopaedic and Sports Injury/Musculoskeletal services as well as outside referrals or self-referrals from Vhi members.
The incumbent of this position will likely train as a health coach and will incorporate this into their practice
- Act independently to assess, analyse patients and determine the need for appropriate physiotherapy intervention.
- Be responsible for client assessment, development and implementation of individualised treatment plans that are client centred and in line with best practice.
- Effectively manage patients with complex conditions in conjunction with other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Utilise a range of physiotherapy skills including manual techniques, self-management advice, therapeutic exercise – group and individual, and patient education.
- Carry out the appropriate physiotherapy treatment for each patient with due regard for the Physiotherapy Code of Professional Conduct, as outlined by the Irish Society for Chartered Physiotherapists.
- Be a clinical resource for other physiotherapists.
- Communicate and work in co-operation with other team members in providing an integrated quality service, taking the lead role as required.
- Liaise with primary care colleagues as a conduit of information and ensure timely referral where appropriate.
- Communicate effectively with and provide instruction, guidance and support to, staff, clients, family, carers etc.
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the following:
Skills and Abilities:
- Physiotherapy qualification recognised by the Physiotherapists Registration Board at CORU or hold a qualification in Physiotherapy awarded outside of the Republic of Ireland which has been recognised by the Physiotherapists Registration Board at CORU
- Have a minimum of 5 years clinical experience
- High level of professional and personal integrity
- An interest in, or experience of Yoga, Meditation or Integrative Health is a distinct advantage.
- Experience of developing, applying and reviewing an evidence-based approach to decision making
- Proficient in navigating IT systems and comfortable using digital platforms
- Full, clean driving licence.
The Next Steps
If you are interested in applying for the above position please submit your CV at the following link: https://www.talentpack.com/A/YWAE
For further details please feel free to contact Nora Castro via email at Nora.Castro@vhi.ie.