Job Title Senior Physiotherapist - Respiratory
Reports The Physiotherapy Manager
Accountable The Physiotherapy Manager
- To work with the Physiotherapy manager in co-ordinating and developing a quality patient centred physiotherapy service across the organisation and in their designated area.
Professional Qualifications Experience
Candidates must have:
- A Physiotherapy qualification validated by the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapy
- CORU registration
- Membership of the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists.
- Continued Professional Development Diary including evidence of reflective practice, In-service training, courses attended and Clinical Governance gained.
- Post graduate courses relevant to Respiratory Physiotherapy
- 4 years relevant clinical experience.
Assessment, Planning, Implementation and Evaluation
- Carry a clinical case load appropriate to the post.
- Aid in the development of outpatient services in line with the post – specifically the development of the outpatient respiratory / medical service.
- Be responsible for the patient assessment, development and implementation of individualised treatment plans that are patient centred and in line with best practice.
- Communicate and work in Co-operation with other team members in providing an integrated quality service taking the lead role as required.
- Document Patient records in accordance with professional standards and departmental policies
- Develop and promote professional standards of practice.
- Work within own scope of professional competencies in line with principles of best practice professional conduct and clinical governance.
- Operate within the scope of practice of the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapy.
- Advocate as necessary for the patients, respecting their dignity and confidentiality.
- Adapt to changing workloads.
- Actively participate in the improvement and development of Physiotherapy services by
liaising with the Physiotherapy Manager.
- Gather and analyse statistics and participate in audits as directed by the Manager.
- Carry out other duties appropriate to the post as required from time to time by the
- Maintain documents according to the policies and procedures of Blackrock Clinic.
- Respond appropriately to patient/family requests and questions.
- Communicate appropriately with colleagues and other members of the health care team.
- Recognise self-limitations and seek assistance.
- Communicate in a manner that avoids antagonism, reduces conflict and prevents undue anxiety.
- To act as a mentor for Physiotherapy colleagues.
- To act as an advisor and educational resource on a regional and national basis.
- To demonstrate leadership and advice as required on research methodology.
- To keep abreast of new developments in the Physiotherapy profession and identify opportunities to improve the service.
Health and Safety
- Comply with Health and Safety policies and procedures which includes ensuring equipment used on the service is maintained to the required standard and defects are reported to
appropriate authorities as soon as possible.
- Implement agreed policies, procedures and safe professional practice.
- Work in a safe manner with due care and attention to the safety of self and others.
- Be aware of Risk Management issues, identify risks and take appropriate action.
- Report any adverse incidents or near misses.
- Adhere to department policies in relation to the Care and Safety of any equipment.
- Support the Mission Statement of Blackrock Clinic.
- Observe appropriate lines of authority.
- Demonstrate flexibility by assisting in other areas of the hospital as required.
- Continue to develop personal knowledge and skills.
- Seek and take education opportunities in addition to those provided by the hospital.
- Participate in working groups to develop and promote quality care within Blackrock Clinic.
- Present a professional appearance and is punctual.
This job description indicates the main responsibilities of the post and is subject to periodic revision and amendment with the post holder.