Senior Physiotherapist (Location: Galway)
Job Purpose: Provide senior clinical care in Medical and Cardiorespiratory physiotherapy through physiotherapy assessment, treatment and management of patients within the service as required. Develop and implement service changes in conjunction with the physiotherapist manager.
· Act independently to assess, analyse and provide a clinical diagnosis for individual patients to determine their need for physiotherapy intervention within specialist area of Medical and Cardiorespiratory physiotherapy.
· Manage caseload of patients effectively and efficiently, undertaking predominantly complex cases.
· Act as highly specialist clinical resource for the physiotherapy service regarding their specialism to optimise available clinical care.
· Maintain patient documentation, records and accurate statistical information to reflect care provided and meet professional standards.
· Communicate and make recommendations to all relevant disciplines of staff to maximise patient care and promote multidisciplinary working.
· Develop, implement and maintain appropriate clinical guidelines ensuring clinical effectiveness to optimise patient care.
· Work independently to provide physiotherapy on-call-without-standby care to support delivery of the 24-hour service to those patients at risk of respiratory or physical deterioration.
· Develop and update clinical knowledge and skills in a specialised field to ensure delivery of evidence-based care.
· Provide training and advice to all physiotherapy staff regarding specialist area.
· Support physiotherapy in-service to promote personal development and occasionally lead in-services in specialism.
· Educate nursing, medical, other multidisciplinary team members and others to promote knowledge of physiotherapy management to enhance patient care.
· Supervise the clinical training of undergraduate and postgraduate physiotherapy students.
· Participate in the departmental Personal Development and Performance Review system to promote personal and service developments.
· Monitor activity and support the Physiotherapy manager to prioritise resources to meet service demands.
· Undertake clinical audit to support the Physiotherapy Service Quality Improvements and Galway Clinic Clinical Governance Strategy.
· Assist in development of and implement clinical guidelines and management policies to promote an evidenced based, consistent and safe working environment.
· Liaise with a range of individuals, internal and external to the organisation, to ensure effective service delivery.
· Degree in Physiotherapy (Essential)
· Registration with CORU (Essential)
· Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists (ISCP) membership (Desirable)
· 3-5 years clinical experience (wide range) with 2 years specialist experience
· Relevant Post Graduate Courses completed
· Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) training (desirable)
· Good communicator
· Team worker
· Ability to work independently
|06 Feb 2024