Principle Duties and Responsibilities
· Incorporate professional codes of conduct, standards of practice, professional and organisational policies into own practice.
· Promoting Initiatives that will ensure professional practice.
· Recognising where appropriate to refer decisions to a higher level of authority and include colleagues in decision making.
· Keeping up to date with developments in Rotunda, ISCP & Irish healthcare system and applying same to practice as appropriate.
· Exercising a professional duty of care to patients and acting as a patient advocate.
· To manage and maintain professional communication in oral & written form appropriate to the content and target audience.
· Demonstrate the ability to facilitate and lead group physiotherapy sessions.
1. Facilitating good communication with own Department across multi disciplinary & practice education teams.
2. Present in-service, lectures at local & national levels.
· Identifying and prioritizing the requirements of the service area..
· To assess, plan, implement evaluation treatment plans for service users.
· Demonstrate clinical reasoning skills and use of evidence based practice.
· Apply evidence based outcome measures to evaluate treatment efficiency and quality of care.
· To undertake clinical audit.
· Working in collaboration with clients & colleagues to manage complex patients.
· Delegating a clinical caseload and other tasks to relevant team members.
· Balancing clinical demands with other responsibilities such as departmental responsibilities, practice education, CPD, organisational and service development.
· Collect, evaluate and report on statistics & patient data.
· Attend & contribute to staff meetings and multi disciplinary team meetings as required.
· Work in the area(s) allocated by the Physiotherapy Manager.
· Prioritise and manage case load according to the needs of the department.
· Demonstrate effective team working as a component of efficient case. management to ensure an optimum service is provided.
· Demonstrate appropriate background knowledge prior to commencing assessment, keeping up to date with current literature.
· To assess, plan and implement and evaluate treatment plans for service users.
· Apply clinical reasoning skills to set appropriate goals.
· To take a lead role as clinical educator for Royal College Surgeons Ireland undergraduate physiotherapy student placements
· Optimize appropriate resources to achieve effective outcomes.
· Act as a positive and supportive team leader & identify changing needs and opportunities to improve services.
· Demonstrate ability to work as a team member.
· Demonstrate flexibility as and when required by the Physiotherapy Manager to ensure the delivery of an effective & efficient service.
· Carry out other duties as appropriate to the post as required from time to time.
· Participate in mandatory training programmes.
· Identifying & taking responsibility for own personal development needs (PPDS & CPD).
· Tailoring own CPD to match service needs.
· Planning & delivery in-service training.