Wheelchair & Seating Service
Purpose of the Position:
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Physiotherapy Department of a Senior Physiotherapist in the Wheelchair & Seating Service. Having specialist clinical knowledge and skills in the area of Wheelchairs & Seating, the post holder will promote and demonstrate best practice and will facilitate a high level of clinical reasoning and decision making within the interdisciplinary team that forms the service. He/she will act as a clinical resource to Physiotherapists and other members of the interdisciplinary team.
The candidate must, on the latest date for receiving completed application forms for the office, possess:
• B.Sc./Masters degree in Physiotherapy approved by the Physiotherapists Registration Board at CORU.
• Membership of, or eligibility for membership of the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists (ISCP) and CORU registered.
• A minimum of 3 years post graduate clinical experience with at least 1 year in a Wheelchair and Seating assessment and prescription.
• A minimum of 6 months post graduate clinical experience in Acquired Brain Injury, Spinal Cord Injury or treatment of children/adults with limb absence.
• Evidence of post graduate clinical education in the area of Wheelchair & Seating for Acquired Brain Injury and Spinal Cord Injury patients.
• Evidence of post graduate clinical education in the area of Spinal Cord Injury (S.C.I), Brain Injury or a related area is desirable. e.g. Advanced 5 day Incomplete Spinal Course and/or Bobath Introductory Modules.
• Experience of teaching and mentoring staff grade therapists and students.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Informal enquiries to Ms. Rosie Kelly, Physiotherapy Manager via email at [email protected]
Renumeration is in accordance with the salary scale approved by the Department of Health.
Applicants for all the above posts should submit a letter of application and Curriculum Vitae not later than 12pm noon on 4TH November 2022, to Ishita Sanon, Human Resources Department or email [email protected]
Job descriptions are available at https://www.nrh.ie/healthcare-professionals/working-at-the-nrh/careers/
Shortlisting may be carried out on the basis of the information supplied in your CV. The criteria for shortlisting are based on the requirements of the post as outlined above. Failure to include information regarding these requirements may result in you not being called forward for the next stage of the selection process.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and support a smoke-free workplace policy.