Welcome to the Sports & Exercise Medicine Clinical Interest Group (CPSEM)
Who we are
CPSEM members are Chartered Physiotherapists with advanced qualifications or a special interest in Sports & Exercise Medicine. is the sole Irish professional organisation recognised by the World Confederation for Physiotherapy/Physical Therapy (WCPT) and its subgroup, the International Federation of Sports Physical Therapy (IFSPT).
CPSEM members work in a variety of settings ranging from professional sports teams to community sports clubs, with both teams and individual athletes, in sports rehabilitation settings in private practices and hospitals. Some of us have achieved Level 1, 2, or 3 Sports Physiotherapy qualifications based on further study, ranging from courses in sports trauma all the way up to post-graduate Masters degrees in Sports & Exercise Medicine.
What we do
CPSEM members provide a range of services for those needing assistance with sports injuries or exercise. These include
- On-site emergency care & management of acute sports injuries
- Rehabilitation for sports injuries and planning return to sport
- Designing and implementing injury prevention programs
- Designing exercise programs for the general population, those starting to become physically active, and for those with special conditions like diabetes, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis
- Promotion of physical activity for all
- Coordinate education and standards with our partner organisations internationally
Benefits of being a member
- Discounts on CPSEM courses
- Free access to the British Journal of Sports Medicine
- Free lectures at our AGM from leaders in Sports & Exercise Medicine
- Updates on events relating to Sports Physiotherapy
- A Level 1, 2, & 3 accreditation pathway in line the with International Federation of Physical Therapists (IFSPT)
- Bursaries for both those undertaking research and for those taking continuing professional development courses
- Advocacy for Ireland’s Sports Physiotherapists, whether it is to promote being involved at all levels of sport, planning sports medicine conferences, or promotion at sports and fitness expos
- To join this group you must be a member of the ISCP.
- If you are a member, please log in.
- If you are not a member, join us here