Welcome to the Women’s Health and Continence Clinical Interest Group (CPWHC)
Who we are
CPWHC forms a representative body, which acts in the professional interests of chartered physiotherapists working in the area of Women’s Health. CPWHC acts as a consultative body for the council of the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists (ISCP), for members of the ISCP and for other relevant and appropriate agencies.
Physiotherapists working in Women’s Health and Continence have a special interest in this field and will have completed education and training in the areas they are working in. You will find Specialist Women’s Health and Continence Physiotherapists working in public and private hospitals, in private practice and in community primary care.
What we do
CPWHC aim to facilitate opportunities for exchange of ideas and experiences and to promote research through regular meetings, courses, study evenings and workshops.
CPWHC is concerned with all aspects of physiotherapy related to Women’s Health, but may also treat men’s health and children who present with issues of bladder, bowel and pelvic floor dysfunction.
Some of the conditions treated included, but are not limited to:
- Bladder and Bowel continence
- Pre and Post-natal conditions (Including delivery of Antenatal Education)
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Sexual Health
Benefits of being a member
- The opportunity to liaise with fellow physiotherapy colleagues working in the specialist area of Women’s Health and Continence.
- An increased opportunity to access peer support
- Reduced rates on CPWHC organised courses
- Representation of member concerns at ISCP and international level
- Receive regular updates on relevant courses and professional events
- To join this group you must to be a member of the ISCP.
- If you are a member, please log in.
- If you are not a member, join us here