Expressions of Interest: Post of Honorary Editor of Firsthand and Editorial Assistant(s) for Firsthand
- The Society is currently seeking to fill the role of Honorary Editor of Firsthand, and, if possible, put together an Editorial Team to help with the magazine. If you are interested in being the Editor, or in helping out as an Editorial Assistant we would love to hear from you.
- As an Editorial Assistant, you would collaborate with the Editor as agreed upon, which may involve contributing to the content of the magazine, writing articles, and other related tasks.
What you’ll do- we ask you to:
- come up with content for magazines- there are two per year. You’ll need an eye for a good physiotherapy-based story and a sense of what will be interesting and informative for readers. You’ll need to make contact with MISCPs and either interview them for your article, or get them to write about what they’re doing.
- select photos, edit articles and coordinate publishing with our Communications Manager.
- be a valued member of the Board of the ISCP. You’ll need to attend 6 meetings per year. Two of these will be in-person and 4 will be virtual. We’ll refund your travel expenses.
- be a member of our communications standing committee. We meet around six times per year via MS Teams.
- work with the Communications Manager. Liaise with the CEO and Professional Practice team and the Editorial Assistants.
- Assist with monitoring the Firsthand email account- this is where people will reach you
- write the welcome Editorial introducing the magazine.
- edit articles, caption photographs, do the final proofreading at the design stage. Editorial Assistant(s) can help with these tasks.
- Editorial Assistant(s)
- Our Communications Manager will help with proofreading, managing advertising, liaising with the designer, printing , publication and distribution
- the opportunity to build your professional profile and grow your network of contacts
- a chance to explore topics that interest you and connect with members doing valuable work
- influencing skills. You’ll shape the ISCP magazine and influence and inform our members via the content you choose
- (as Editor) experience of being on the Board of Ireland’s professional organisation for physiotherapists
If you are interested in becoming the Editor of Firsthand, or joining the Editorial Team as an Editorial Assistant please get in contact with [email protected]
CPD hours can be claimed for Firsthand Editorial roles.