We are Hiring a Professional Development Coordinator
The ISCP are recruiting for a 0.5 FTE Professional Development Coordinator.
This role is a 0.5 FTE role initially for 12months.
The objective of the role is to support the Professional Development Unit of the Society in the organisation of online CPD for physiotherapists working in the public health service and private practice in Ireland. The successful candidate will be familiar with using webinar platforms and using social media in a professional capacity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To collaborate with the Head of Professional Development and PDU staff in identifying priority CPD activities for the physiotherapy profession in Ireland
- To support the administration, implementation, and delivery of HSCP funded courses both online and face to face with responsibility for delivering each course project within budgetary, timescale and other project constraints
- To produce the ISCP PDU monthly ezine
- To support the coordination and the organisation of the Society’s annual conference
- To support relevant work in progressing the Advanced Practice Physiotherapy agenda
- To provide support to HSCP funded course providers in providing their course content online
- To provide support to course attendees with accessing and using the ISCP online education platforms such as gotowebinar, gotomeeting and Physiopedia
- To maintain their own CPD as relevant to the performance of their role
- To promote the importance of engaging in, appropriately recording, and reflecting on Continuous Professional Development
- The promote the activities of the Professional Development Unit on social media
- To create content such as images and infographics for social media
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Relationships to other roles
The Professional Development Coordinator will report directly to the Head of Professional Development and will liaise with the CEO, other Professional Development Unit and ISCP Staff, volunteers within the Society such as the Professional Development Standing Committee, and other Society groups as needed in the performance of their role.
There will also be a need to collaborate with counterparts within other Health and Social Care Professional bodies, the HSE’s Health & Social Care Professionals Education & Development Unit and relevant individuals within HEIs and the health service.
Key Knowledge, Skills and Competencies required:
Be familiar with:
- Issues of importance to Physiotherapy in the Public Health Service
- Project management
- Event Management principles
- Social Media Platforms
- Various graphic design platforms such as Canva and Crello
- Using webinar platforms such as gotomeeting and gotowebinar
Be able to:
- Collaborate with others, work as part of a team
- Show initiative and work independently
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, oral and written
- 3rd level qualification in Physiotherapy or other Health and Social Care Profession
- Minimum of two years postgraduate experience
- Excellent IT Skills
- Superb attention to detail.
The salary for the role will be equivalent 0.5 FTE Professional Development Coordinator @ €20,000 per annum.
Please send a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to Rachel Maguire the Head of Professional Development email@example.com by 5pm Friday the 5th of February 2021.
All informal queries about the role can be directed to Rachel Maguire, Head of Professional Development firstname.lastname@example.org