World Physiotherapy announces congress programme committee for 2023
ISCP Member Nathasha Hinwood announced as member of the congress programme committee (CPC) for World Physiotherapy Congress 2023 in Tokyo, Japan.
Chaired by Jackie Whittaker, assistant professor in the department of physical therapy at the University of British Columbia and research scientist at Arthritis Research Canada in Vancouver, the committee brings extensive and diverse geographical, professional, research, clinical and academic expertise to World Physiotherapy’s flagship event. Jackie has been a member of the congress programme committee for previous World Physiotherapy congresses in 2019 and 2021.
Emma Stokes, World Physiotherapy president and ISCP member, said: “We are delighted to confirm the programme committee for the congress in 2023. As we prepare for congress during such a challenging time, we are very grateful to Jackie for agreeing to chair the committee. A number of members of the CPC also experienced the programme planning for 2021 and we are very pleased that they were willing to serve again on the committee and we welcome eight new members. We are delighted to be able to draw on their collective experience and insights.
“The committee represents where physiotherapy is as a profession: diverse, global, and continually developing and expanding our knowledge to serve the populations we work with. The programme for 2023 will epitomise these values.
“We look forward to a positive and successful congress.”
Jackie Whittaker, CPC chair, said: “We had the highest-ever number of applications to be part of the CPC for 2023. After a robust selection process, I’m pleased we have such a diverse group of people, who will bring their individual skills, experience and perspectives to create a scientific programme that reflects the key issues for our global physiotherapy community.”
Members of the CPC:
- Catherine Joy Escuadra (member of Philippine Physical Therapy Association)
- Jennifer Hale (member of American Physical Therapy Association)
- Nathasha Hinwood (member of Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists)
- Nathan Hutting (member of Royal Dutch Society for Physiotherapy)
- Luciana Mendonça (member of Physiotherapists' Association of Brazil)
- Witness Mudzi (member of South African Society of Physiotherapy)
- Anupa Pathak (member of Physiotherapy New Zealand)
- César Sá (member of Portuguese Association of Physiotherapists)
- Remla Shirma (member of Association of Physiotherapists in Tanzania)
- Jackie Whittaker (member of Canadian Physiotherapy Association)
- Misako Yokoyama (member of Japanese Physical Therapy Association)
- Tomer Yona (member of Israeli Association of Physiotherapists)
To find out more about the CPC members, please visit: https://world.physio/congress/wp2023/programme/cpc
The World Physiotherapy Congress 2023 will take place, 1-4 June 2023, in Tokyo, Japan.