Physiotherapist Part-Time Maternity Cover
Haven Bay Care Centre, an award winning nursing home in Kinsale is currently seeking to hire a physiotherapist (ISCP membership and CORU registration or application number).
Our holistic approach to care of our residents is centred on the fulfilment of their needs using a health promotion ethos whilst maintaining their independency, dignity and privacy in a comfortable and homely environment.
Overview of Role:
- Provide ongoing one to one physiotherapy sessions to residents based on completion of initial baseline assessments
- Evaluate client progress, based on validated and standardised outcome measures, reassess, alter and progress treatment programmes accordingly.
- Maintaining and updating individual resident and client records
- Working hand in hand with the care centre medical team to integrate physiotherapy within care plans
- Provide twice weekly group exercise sessions
- Contribute to regular Falls Meetings alongside the home care team and complete documentation of same.
- Clients would include predominantly (but not exclusively) geriatrics with physical and mental pathologies, (stroke, MS, PD - Alzheimer's and related dementias) right through to able bodied and active ageing adults.
The role is an a maternity cover and involves 2 days per week
You are required to have ISCP membership and be registered to practice with CORU
Salary is based on experience
Job Types: Part-time, Contract