Chartered Physiotherapist required for a multi-disciplined role in the Moycullen/Galway area – 6 hours per week, working with the ageing population in elderly care settings while also performing orthopaedic and musculoskeletal assessments and treatments with clients in an acute setting.
HealthcareDirect have a position available for an enthusiastic physiotherapist with an interest in care of the elderly. The position involves providing physiotherapy sessions in 2 nursing homes to the west of the city at least one day per week initially on a set weekly schedule with the potential to expand. The role would involve one to one sessions as well as group exercise classes.
HealthcareDirect is a national Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy company based in Shannon with 35 physiotherapists and 15 Occupational Therapists nationwide. As well as set sessions in Residential Care settings we also have departmental teams in Intermediate Care facilities in Dublin and Cork, an Orthopaedic Inpatient and Outpatient team in a regional private orthopaedic hospital and a Physiotherapy service in a regional adult mental health care facility
The successful applicant will benefit from
- Clinical mentoring and support
- CPD and training provision
- Physiotherapy/Occupational Therapy networking opportunities
- Accrued annual leave entitlement
- Travel allowance
- Admin support
ISCP and CORU membership essential.
Overview of Role:
- Design and Development of focused individual care plans and group exercise sessions to maintain and improve quality of life for the resident community
- Setting outcome measures using research based functional and fitness assessments
- Providing ongoing one to one physiotherapy sessions to residents based on completion of initial baseline assessments
- Maintaining and updating individual resident and client records
- Working hand in hand with the home medical team to integrate physiotherapy as an integral part of the care plans
- Clients would include predominantly (but not exclusively) geriatrics with physical and mental pathologies, (stroke, - Alzheimer's and related dementias) right through to able bodied and active ageing adults
- To provide individualised treatment programmes for clients in an acute setting based on orthopaedic physiotherapy assessments
- Evaluate client progress, based on validated and standardised outcome measures, reassess, alter and progress treatment programmes accordingly
- Third Level Degree in Physiotherapy qualification
- Experience either working or knowledge of a long term geriatric population would be greatly beneficial but not essential
- Strong communications skills both verbal and written
- Afull valid Irish/EU driving licence with access to a car