Regional Physiotherapy Waiting list band 5/6
Branch: Northern Ireland Wide (BSO)
Functional Area: Allied Health Professionals
Contract Type: Permanent
Interview Dates: TBC
The HSC wish to create a waiting list for Permanent / Temporary / Full time/ Part time & Bank Physiotherapy Band 5/6 posts within the following HSC Organisations: Belfast, Northern, Southern, South Eastern and Western Trusts. A waiting list will be compiled for all posts over the next 9 - 12 months.
- To provide a high standard of Specialist Physiotherapy service with treatment programmes designed to meet each individual patient’s specific needs.
- To perform advanced physiotherapeutic assessments and treatments of patients with diverse presentations and complex physical and psychological conditions, and determine accurate clinical diagnosis of patients.
- To undertake skilled assessment, with advanced clinical reasoning and diagnosis to assist in the formulation of the physiotherapy aspect of treatment/care plans.To hold responsibility for own caseload and be responsible for a defined area of the service or a particular patient type, working without direct supervision.
- To undertake all aspects of clinical duties as an autonomous practitioner.
- To co-operate in the supervision and education of self, other physiotherapists, members of multi-disciplinary teams, students, as well as more junior physiotherapy staff.
- Undertake evidence-based audit and research projects, to further own and teams clinical practice within each specialist area of work.
- Make recommendations to clinical lead/manager of service for changes to practice by the team. May lead the implementation of specific changes to practice or contribute to service protocols.