We have two Physiotherapist positions within our Community and Long Term Conditions Service.
Recognised as an international centre of excellence, Auckland DHB is renowned as New Zealand’s largest teaching hospital, offering 19 national specialist services.
Physiotherapist - Community Rehabilitation Team
The Community Rehabilitation team provide high quality rehabilitation input for the Auckland community. We deliver rehabilitation in a flexible, client centred way in the community, clients homes, our clinic / gym and in group settings.
As a member of our team you will be working together with clients to enable them to achieve their rehabilitation goals.
You will gain clinical experience with a wide variety of neurological conditions including stroke and post-neurosurgical rehabilitation as well as amputees and orthopaedic conditions.
We are looking for an individual who:
- Has robust experience and a passion for provision of quality rehabilitation (neurological rehabilitation experience is highly desired)
- Has effective clinical reasoning skills and use of evidence based practice
- Experience working in the community or outpatients (desired but not essential)
- Constantly strives to build knowledge and skills.
Physiotherapist - Community Allied HealthTeam
The Community Allied Health Team is a large multidisciplinary service for adult clients who have physical health and disability needs and live in the Central Auckland region.
You will be part of a comprehensive multi-disciplinary team with strong professional support who are committed to delivering care in a contemporary locality based framework.
We welcome applications from Physiotherapists with a broad range of practice experience and the following skills and attributes:
- Effective clinical reasoning skills and use of evidence based practice
- Ability to work collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team
- A pro-active, 'can-do' approach
- Sets high standards and strives to achieve these
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Open to new challenges and experiences
Both roles are preferably full time, but we may be flexible for the preferred candidate.
- Registered with Physiotherapy Board of New Zealand
- Current APC
- Full clean driving license
What’s on Offer?
At Auckland DHB, we encourage our staff to “aim high” and offer fantastic opportunities for professional development as well as other generous perks:
- Free educational seminars open to all staff
- Free onsite yoga and bootcamps
- Subsidised gym memberships
- Discounts at national retailers
If this sounds like you, apply online now at www.careers.adhb.govt.nz to job number: GRE00091 and attach an up to date CV and cover letter. If one role is of particular interest to you please make reference to this in your cover letter.
For more info please contact:
Physiotherapist - Community Allied Health Team role, contact Gurpreet Luthera at GurpreeetL@adhb.govt.nz
Physiotherapist - Community Rehabilitation Team role, contact Trish Tillson at TTillson@adhb.govt.nz