Hello my name is Suzanne and I am the Physiotherapy Clinical Lead at Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust (SaSH) looking for Senior Physiotherapists to come and work at East Surrey Hospital, Redhill, Surrey.
We are one of the best performing Trusts in England, recently being awarded an outstanding rating by the Care Quality Commission and results from the most recent Friends and Family test show our acute hospital is the top nationally for staff recommending their Trust as a place to work.
The hospital has onsite staff accommodation and is close to London (30 minutes by rail) ad Brighton on the coast (45 minutes by rail or road) and Gatwick airport (10 minutes by rail or road).
The Physiotherapy department is continuing to expand and we are recruiting to band 6 posts in two rotations:
- Post 1. Band 6 rotational physiotherapist within the Acute Medical Team. This includes Acute Medicine, Acute Elderly Care and the Emergency Department and Front Door services.
- Post 2. General Band 6 rotational physiotherapist. This post is rotaional between the following specialities:
Respiraory: ICU,HDU,surgery,acute respiraory wards and a satellite unit for the Lane Fox weaning unit.
Orthopaedics: Elective and Day Surgery. Trauma. We are the local Trauma Unit.
Acute Medical: Acute Medicine, Acute Elderly Care and the Emergency Department and Front Door services.
Paediatrics: Acute inpatients and outpatients.
We hope to add a Neurology rotation in the near future.
Some areas have rostered 7 day working and varying shift patterns to provide extended hours. You would also be part of the Respiratory weekend/on-call service. We ae keen to consider innovative and different ways of working to meet the challenges of the NHS today.
We ae looking for:
- Physiotherapists who have completed their junior rotations and are ready to take on increased responsibility; or a senior physiotherapist interested in expanding their role.
- Physiotherapists who have experience working within the acute setting, managing a wide range of patients.
- Flexibility in working practice within an evolving ad expanding inpatient team.
- Physioterapists interested in developing supervisory and leadersip skills.
- A varied and diverse clinical caseload across a number of specialist clinical areas.
- A high level of clinical support from experienced senior staff.
- Support to continue professional and personal development with an active in-service programme and established supervision structure. The Trsut provides a variety of management/leadership courses.
- Opportunities to be involved in service development.
- Free uniform
- Opportunity to join the NHS pension scheme.
- Onsite parking, Library and Knowledge Services with intenet access and computer assisted learning facilities, shops including Boots and WH Smiths, a staff restaurant and a Post Graduate Education Centre with modern seminar and conference facilities.
If you are interested in either of these posts please contact Suzanne Lamm, Physiotherapy Clinical Lead on UK 01737 768511 Ext 6127 or bleep 568 or e mail me on firstname.lastname@example.org and I can answer any questions you have and send you a full job description and application form. I look forward to hearing from you.