If you are reading this you are probably a physio looking for your next career move.
It can be a big and difficult decision, and it is often even more difficult to know if you are making the right decision.
Let me make it easier for you.
You are a CORU registered Chartered Physiotherapist who loved your time at University and have might have some work experience.
You now want to further develop your all-round skills in a supportive and development focussed private practice environment with a view to establishing yourself in the private sector and perhaps opening your own clinic in the future.
As well as developing as a first-rate clinician, you also want to learn about the business of physiotherapy. You want to learn about administration and business systems, communications and marketing.
You can manage your time and have excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
You are a team player. You have the ability to take feedback as a way to improve rather than as personal criticism.
You enjoy being busy and solving challenging problems with your patients. You will be confident rebooking, asking patients to come back, helping them get better and making a difference in their lives. Because that is what they want.
You won’t discharge patients after one session, or use language like "just see how it goes". You want the best results for your patients, giving best practice and you are prepared to do whatever it takes to get the best results.
You are not afraid of working hard. You enjoy being busy, and this is why you are a high performer.
You realise the power of manual therapy, exercise therapy, and expert advice together as your preferred modus operandi. You understand patients want to be touched, and you are good with your hands - but even better with your brain and your communication. You may have discovered the effectiveness of medical acupuncture and/or dry needling and want to learn more.
We are a premium physiotherapy and allied health provider with a caseload of private clients who benefit from our physiotherapy and related services including PhysioPilates. Our clients are prepared to spend the necessary time, effort and money on recovery and optimising their health.
As Practice Principals, Lorraine Carroll and I, lecture at University level as well as run further education courses, along with external providers such as the British Medical Acupuncture Society and for the Irish College of General Practitioners. We are very CPD focussed and expect our physios to share the same passion for what they do as well as keeping up to date with best practice and evidence.
We are offering you:
- A two-year development contract. Year one would be a mixed role position consisting of 17.5 hours of clinical/client treatments and 17.5 hours of front desk and practice administration work per week. Year 2 would be 35 hours of clinical work a week which may involve Pilates training and development. Salary will be determined by prior work experience, aptitude and basic level skills assessment.
- Admin and reception support is provided when treating clients during clinical hours.
- Private, fully equipped treatment rooms in a purpose-built a clinic in the upmarket suburb of Mount Merrion.
- An equipped rehab and exercise studio.
- A comprehensive induction and skills development process.
- An opportunity to work with an experienced team including two Practice Principals who have over 40 years of combined clinical experience.
- An opportunity to further develop your manual therapy, acupuncture/dry needling and exercise prescription skills through mentoring and supervised learning.
- Weekly team meetings. We catch up outdoors, taking a walk around beautiful Deer Park to discuss our most complex patients, and help each other to develop both professionally and personally.
- An opportunity to develop writing, content development and marketing skills.
- Support to develop services in your own areas of clinical interest for example - women’s health, paediatrics, pre and postnatal care, palliative care.
- An opportunity to learn about and implement practice administration and business systems developed to ensure optimum service delivery and client care.
- Excellent earning potential in line with your level of experience. If you are prepared to work hard and look after your clients so that they return and refer their friends and family, you will be well rewarded.
You will have worked out that we don't want just anyone for this position.
We are looking for someone who does not just want to gain experience but is specifically interested in developing within a private practice setting.
The provisional start date is 1st of October 2019.
Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange a time to have a confidential and no-obligation discussion about the role.
Find out more about our clinic and services at
Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.