We are looking for a Senior Physiotherapist. The Senior Physiotherapist reports directly to the Clinical Director but will be clinically responsible to the Care Manager for work assigned and carried out in our three care centres. The Senior Physiotherapist will provide quality, resident centred Physiotherapy assessment and treatment to Cowper Care residents. Delivering and implementing an effective evidenced based physiotherapy programme while organising and coordinating physiotherapy service and relevant referrals such as occupational therapy referrals as directed.
Cowper Care is a dynamic and progressive Nursing Home group offering exciting opportunities for the right candidate to develop within our organisation. We operate three nursing homes, located in Kilternan, Baldoyle, and Rathmines. They are modern, purpose built facilities.
Cowper Care are accredited to JCI (Joint Commission International) and operate to the highest care delivery standards.
- A current member of the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists & CORU registered.
- Third level Degree in Physiotherapy qualification (or a 2 year accelerated entry to practice MSc) which includes at a minimum 1000 hours of clinical practice.
- Minimum 3 years post graduate experience.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the ageing process.
- Knowledge of HIQA’s National Quality Standards for Residential Care Settings for Older People and other relevant legislations and standards for Residential Care Settings.
- Demonstrate sound application of theoretical knowledge in physiotherapy including ability to impart knowledge to clinical staff and junior physiotherapists/activity assistants.
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Evidence of ability to prioritise and delegate workload.
- Demonstrate an understanding of audit and clinical effectiveness.
Desirable Aptitudes & Experience
- Gerontology experience, experience in geriatric nursing care/psychiatry, adult disabled.
- Other relevant additional qualification / teaching/tutoring experience.
- Act as a good role model.
- Must be of a caring nature, sympathetic to the need of all the residents.
- Ability to source both theoretical and technical information.
- Ability to use motivational skill.
- Hold Full Clean Driving license.
Applications will be accepted, with Cover Letter and CV / relevant work experience details, to:
Closing Date: 12th September, 2019