Full time permanent position (Part time hours may be considered)
Salary circa £45k depending on experience
The Leckey group is fully committed to our mission to make a difference to the lives of children with special needs. As a physiotherapist at Leckey you will have the opportunity to make this happen. We lead the market in creating innovative and life-changing products and are the UK and Ireland market leader in our field, exporting our products worldwide with a brand recognised for clinical integrity, product innovation, quality and service.
We have a great mix of talented therapy professionals who benefit from each other’s experience while having the chance to develop their own distinctive skills and the freedom to manage their working roles. By providing expert opinion and practical therapy skills into the research and development process, your knowledge will be at the heart of Leckey’s products, education and training. In return, you’ll get the opportunity to join a talented, multi-disciplinary team which pushes the boundaries to create products which can enhance and often transform a child’s quality of life.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a knowledgeable and engaged physiotherapist to utilise their skills in a pioneering manner, transforming the latest research into unique products, education and training programs. They will have the rare opportunity to influence and shape the next generation of products for children with special needs.
The physiotherapist role is a key part of the clinical team, providing expert advice to further the development of child-active therapy equipment.
- To champion the perspective of the child, parent and therapist, supporting the design team with expert practical knowledge related to paediatric physiotherapy practice and products.
- To generate and deliver education and training programmes at Leckey (N. Ireland) and across the UK.
- To organise and manage prototype evaluations which support new products and associated medical device legislation.
- To oversee long term case studies which provide evidence on the effectiveness of products and programmes.
- To keep abreast of new research in physio practice, liaising with child development centres, universities, businesses or charities that can assist in R&D activities.
- To assist in the identification of new product development opportunities in line with company strategic objectives.
- To maintain their own professional development to facilitate the provision of evidence based practice to the wider Leckey team.
- To represent the company in a physiotherapy capacity at external meetings, conferences and seminars as requested.
- BSc in Physiotherapy with a minimum of 6 years’ post registration experience
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council
- Minimum 2 years paediatric physiotherapy experience
- Knowledge of new trends and developments within physio practice
- Excellent presenting & interpersonal skills
- Clear logical thought process with a sound understanding of basic physical science
- A practical approach to the use of equipment and to therapy practice
- Fully developed time management and planning skills
- Willingness to travel throughout the UK and Ireland for research and training activities
If you believe you have the necessary qualities to join this growing team please email your CV, along with a cover letter (including details of your current remuneration), for the attention of Emma Hanley, HR Lead at email@example.com Alternatively if you would like further information regarding the role or to discuss this role in confidence before applying please email firstname.lastname@example.org arrange. Closing date for applications will be 5.00pm on Friday 20th September 2019.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.