This 3-day course offers you the opportunity to qualify and practice in the area of trigger point dry
needling and will give you 21 CPD hours. It is a comprehensive course covering needling techniques
from head to toe.
This educational programme will prepare health care practitioners to treat myofascial trigger points
effectively and safely by dry needling. Participants will learn various dry needling techniques using
solid filament needles. Please note that all techniques are purely dry needling techniques that are
effective, evidence-based treatments that have been researched and proven to help treat
This is a training programme with immediate clinical applicability upon completion.
Topics covered include;
● Guidelines for safe Dry Needling
● Neurophysiology of Dry Needling
● Definition & Diagnosis of trigger points
● Clinical application of superficial & deep Dry Needling techniques
● Clinical application of related Dry Needling techniques
● Ethical guidelines for safe Dry Needling
For more information on the syllabus and the course please visit
A 3-day course giving the opportunity for healthcare practitioners to upskill their MSK hands-on
techniques to use Dry Needling to treat MSK pain and dysfunction.
This course is suited for qualified healthcare practitioners with a knowledge of anatomy and sports &
recreational injuries. If you are unsure, please check with your insurer if dry needling is within your
scope and can be covered.
- All participants that complete the course recieve FREE membership to the Dry Needling Ireland website where they will have access to free Video demonstartions of all the techniques they learned on the course. Membership is life long!
- Members will also have access to the members dicusion forum on the site.
- A fully detailed and illustrated course manual for the course shall be provided, emailed to each participant.
- All needles are provided for the course.
- A signed certificate of attendance shall be awarded on completion of the course.
Places are limited in order for participants to get the maximum exposure to needling techniques.
Places will be guaranteed on a first come basis.
Richard McDonald is a certified Dry Needling Practitioner through the Institute of Dry Needling and is the Director of Dry Needling Ireland
He is qualified in Dry Needling and Advanced Dry Needling techniques. He has tutored on Club Physio dry needling courses in Ireland and abroad as well as running his own courses with Dry Needling Ireland from his clinics in Dublin
Richard holds a Masters in Sports Medicine and has worked with various sports teams over
the years including Terenure College RFC 1st XV & school SCT, St. Mary's College RFC U-20's &
senior 2nd XV , Ballyboden GAA, Templeogue Synge Street GAA, DIT GAA, and Kildare Senior
He is Currently working with Terenure College RFC 1st XV looking after their senior squad
that play in the All Ireland League in the top Division 1A. He also covers the GAA teams in DIT and
Blackrock RFC women's 1st XV
Cost to Attend
€500 euro standard cost.
Special discount cost of €450 to ISCP members
Student discount of €400 for ISCP students.