The call for Physiotherapy Specific and Interdisciplinary Proposals for CPD activities funded by the National Health and Social Care Professions (HSCP) Office is OPEN
The deadline for submission of proposals is Wednesday 11th October 2023
You do not need to be an ISCP member to submit a proposal and members are encouraged to share this notice widely with other physiotherapists working in the publicly funded health service.
Each year the National Health and Social Care Professions (HSCP) Office offer CPD funding to the health and social care professions to deliver training and education to publicly funded staff. This funding is applied for, awarded to and distributed by the relevant professional bodies, including AOTI, INDI, IASW, SCI, IICMS, IIRRT, IASLT, AMLS and SCPI. The funding is designed to meet the learning needs of staff in publicly funded organisations. This includes HSE hospitals, PCC or voluntary bodies/organisations that are in receipt of HSE funding.
One of the key objectives of the HSCP Office is to ensure mechanisms are in place for continuing professional development (CPD) for HSCP with the overall aim of ensuring that these professionals have access to the development opportunities required to deliver high quality health and social services. Any funding received will be used to support continuing professional development for your profession in line with the HSCP Education and Development Unit objectives and criteria set out below
Proposals can only be accepted for consideration on the appropriate application form
The application form must be fully completed and returned to ISCP Professional Development Unit via an online system using the following submission link
Proposals are welcomed from all areas of practice but specific consideration should be given to developing CPD proposals that will support the implementation of the integrated programmes such as National Clinical programmes and other areas for priority service development including Patient Flow, Older Persons, Prevention and Management of Chronic Disease, Children, Maternity, Health and Wellbeing, and Service Improvement.
Successful proposals should also aim to address national service needs rather than the needs of an individual department.
Please be advised funding from the National HSCP Office cannot be used for the following:
- Individual training and development opportunities
- Third level or postgraduate courses
- Activities which are funded through other departments of the HSE
CPD activities should:
- Be accessible to physiotherapists and for interdisciplinary proposals, at least one other Health and Social Care Profession working in the HSE
- Be relevant to physiotherapists and at least one other Health and Social Care Profession working in the HSE/publicly funded health service
- Provide significant reach in terms of numbers of professionals that can transfer learning into practice
- Be based on a clear service need for both physiotherapy and at least one other Health and Social Care Profession
- Clearly demonstrate benefit to consumers, the service, the professions attending and the individuals participating
- Build in and encourage reflective practice
- Represent value for money