Welcome to the Cardiac Services Clinical Interest Group (CPCS)
Who we are
Chartered Physiotherapists in Cardiac Services (CPCS) are a clinical interest group of the ISCP consisting of a group of physiotherapists with a special interest in cardiology and cardiac care.
What we do
The aim of CPCS is to promote excellence in cardiac care for the benefits of clients.
Our objectives are to:
- Provide a representative body of physiotherapists involved in cardiac services.
- Provide a supportive forum for discussion and exchange of ideas for ISCP members working in or interested in cardiac care.
- Facilitate post qualification education and training in specialist cardiac physiotherapy.
- Encourage and support research and disseminate research findings in cardiac space including primary and secondary prevention, heart failure, cardiac rehabilitation to name but a few.
- Raise awareness of cardiac physiotherapy to clients and other health professionals.
- Develop and maintain links with relevant organisations nationally and internationally.
- Liaise with national bodies to ensure physiotherapy is to the fore when developing care pathways.
Benefits of being a member
- Reduced rate on CPCS organised courses
- Updates on events important to your profession
- Update on the evidence base and standards of care within the cardiac space
- Representation of your concerns as cardiac physiotherapists at ISCP and international levels
- Personal development
- Education and training opportunities
- Practice support and mentoring
- Enhanced CPD
- To join this group, you must to be a member of the ISCP.
- If you are a member, please log in.
- If you are not a member, join us here