Welcome to the Musculoskeletal Therapy Clinical Interest Group (CPMT)
Who we are
CPMT is the Chartered Physiotherapists in Musculoskeletal Therapy. In 2008, the CPMT became a member organisation (MO) of the International Federation of Orthopaedic Manipulative Physical Therapists (IFOMPT).
Musculoskeletal Chartered Physiotherapists provide an internationally recognised standard of care in manual (“hands-on”) therapy, advice, education and exercise prescription for the treatment of muscular, joint and nerve disorders of the body.
What we do
We contribute to the development of musculoskeletal physiotherapy in Ireland. We provide a network of physiotherapists with similar interests to develop and provide leadership to one another to enhance learning and support. We provide free and reduced rate education throughout the year, from 2020 this will be including online webinars and discussion forums. We are committed to enhancing research in physiotherapy in musculoskeletal therapy and therefore provide multiple bursaries to support this throughout the year. More information regarding all of this will be sent throughout the year via email, is updated regularly on our twitter account (@ISCP_CPMT) and on our members website page.
Benefits of being a member
Why you should join the CPMT:
- Enhanced learning and support from colleagues within musculoskeletal physiotherapy to develop your knowledge, skills and practice
- Your chance to contribute to the development of Musculoskeletal Therapy within the ISCP.
- Opportunity to be recognised by IFOMPT at an advanced level with level II membership
- Free lectures and reduced rates for domestic courses including online webinars
- Avail of the numerous research and clinical innovation bursaries
- Regular CPMT news and updates including receiving information on a number of relevant musculoskeletal issues ongoing at national and international level
The CPMT has a two level qualification awarded by the International Federation of Orthopaedic Physical Therapists (IFOMPT)
Level I member (non-titled)
- Open to any ISCP member with an interest in musculoskeletal physiotherapy
Level II member (Titled-Chartered Physiotherapist, Clinical Specialist in Musculoskeletal Therapy’)
- Must have completed an IFOMPT recognised manipulative/musculoskeletal postgraduate qualification.
- To join this group you must to be a member of the ISCP.
- If you are a member, please log in.
- If you are not a member, join us here